Our Guide to the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 6, 6 Plus, and SE
If you’re considering a new iPhone — especially if you’re on an upgrade plan from Apple or your carrier — we think the iPhone 8 is the best one for most people. The iPhone 8, along with its larger sibling, the iPhone 8 Plus, offers a number of upgrades over 2016’s iPhone 7, including better performance and camera quality, an improved display, support for wireless charging, and a grippier (though more breakable) glass back. And like previous iPhones, this generation remains easy to use out of the box and doesn’t require tinkering for you to get the most out of it, making it an easy recommendation for most people.
- 12MP primary camera with optical image stabilisation and portrait mode, digital zoom up to 10x, quad-LED true tone flash and slow sync, 4K video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps and slow-motion video recording in 1080p at 120 fps and 7MP front facing camera with retina flash
- 13.97 centitmeters (5.5-inch) Retina HD LCD IPS technology multi‑touch capacitive touchscreen with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and 401 ppi pixel density
- iOS v11 operating system with 1.2GHz A11 Bionic chip with 64-bit architecture hexa core processor, 2GB RAM, 256GB internal memory and single nano SIM
- 2900mAH lithium ion battery providing talk-time of 21 hours
- 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase
- Return & Cancellation Policy: Orders cannot be cancelled once they are dispatched. In case phone is Dead on Arrival (DoA), Customer needs to get the same validated from Apple care by arranging a DOA certificate issued within 2 days of the delivery. Post this customer can visit the store from where the invoice is generated for the replacement. No other open box returns will be accepted.