Things to know about accidents during pregnancy
In some cases, a pregnant woman may have to face completely unexpected situations. Such situations may include mishaps like slipping on the floor, getting hurt in the abdominal area or any other accident. As per the experts from the best IVF centres in Delhi and IVF hospitals in Delhi, such injuries or accident can direct a woman’s pregnancy towards a high-risk pregnancy.
The most common complications faced because of such accidents are mentioned below-
• The fetus may suffer from a severe head injury
• In the cases of car accidents, a sudden stoppage of the vehicle can result a contra-coup injury that can further caused in a concussion or a heavy blow. It can cause ruptures and internal bleeding.
• The growth rate of the baby can get slower in the womb
• Preterm labor complications
• Abruption of Placenta
• Stress levels and BP can get higher
• Mother can face mental trauma
• Premature labor
The best way to avoid any of the aforementioned complications is to consult one’s physician as soon as possible. They suggest remedies according to the condition of the pregnancy which can vary and may include certain medications or even the manual induction of labor. Furthermore, the pregnancy will be regularly and stringently monitored to catch even the tiniest sign of trouble on time.