Haridwar is one of the Most Spiritual and holiest Place for Hindus. The name of the City ‘Hari — Dwar’ means ‘Gateway to God’. In Haridwar the Holy River Ganga leaves the mountain Himalaya and meets to the ground. Thousands of followers come here every day to bathe in the holy waters; this bath contains spiritual values for the followers of Hindu religion.
Best Way to Travel Mumbai to Haridwar: -
As we all know thousands of people visit Haridwar every week. People who travel Mumbai to Haridwar either use buses or trains, but travelling in trains is more comfortable when you are up for long journeys. There are lots of trains who run towards Haridwar from Mumbai Such as Dehradun Express. Dehradun Express starts from Bandra Terminals and almost takes 40 Hours to reach Haridwar. Since it’s a long Journey and all people can’t afford traveling in Planes, so train is most efficient options people can take.
For improving you travelling experience, IRCTC are trying to improvise the facilities in trains. Now you can enjoy your food in train while traveling by ordering food online. There are many services which will help you throughout your Journey. Check all the services by IRCT C HERE
Places to Visit in Haridwar: —
1. Har Ki Pauri: — Har Ki Pauri is one of famous ghats on the River Ganges in Haridwar. This place is an honored landmark of the holy city of Haridwar.
2. Chandi Devi Temple: — is a Hindu temple devoted to the Goddess of Hindu “Chandi Devi” in the holy city of Haridwar. The Chandi Devi temple situated at the southernmost mountain chain of Himalya.
3. Shanti Kunj: — Shantikunj is the headquarter of social organization “All World Gayatri Pariwar”. It is situated between the Holy Rever Ganga and Shivaik ranges of Himalya.
4. Maya Devi Temple: — Maya Devi Temple is an old temple of Hindu Goddess Maya. It is also a great tourist attraction of devoties.
5. Mansa Devi Temple: — Mata Mansa Devi is a Hindu temple devoted to goddess Mansa Mata, a form of Maa Shakti. The temple is situated at the top of Bilwa Parvat (A Chain of Himalaya Mountain).
6. Vaishno Devi Temple: — this temple is dedicated to Goddess laxmi, goddess Kali and goddess Saraswati. It is a believed that these all three goddess together become the Maa Vaishno to kill demons.
Apart from Temples there are so amazing site views of River Ganga and Himalaya Mountain. Haridwar also host India’s biggest pilgrimage Kumbh in every 12 years.
How to Book Tickets for Haridwar: -
This is the Ideal time to Visit the Holy City Haridwar so here are some tips for you which will help you to book your train ticket if you are planning to travel in train. There are not so many ways to book a reservation in train so either you can book your ticket in old fashion way which is quite frustrating. So you can book your tickets online at IRCTC website and after completion of ticket booking process don’t forget to Note down your Pnr Status for further tracking of your train and ticket.