THIS. We need to pay attention to THIS. We need our policies to address THIS.
“When you say that millennials are entitled jerks who have it super easy and don’t know what hard work is, I want you to know that you’re erasing millennials who comprise an enormous part of the population and are:
- First generation Americans
- Socioeconomically disadvantaged
- Children of single parents or orphans
- Have a physical or mental disability
- Are trans or LGBT
- A combination of the above or anything else”
Yes, millennials that are entitled jerks do exist, as is the case with every generation, but we (society as a whole) need to stop only seeing problems that are faced by middle/upper middle class families and individuals. There are deeper societal issues at play. Oh, and people really need to stop basing their feelings of millennials on the privileged few they may have interacted with.