The One Marketing Strategy You Can’t Ignore (Unless You Don’t Care About ROI)
“Email marketing has the highest ROI of any marketing tactic with $44 for every dollar spent.”
That’s the word from Campaign Monitor, who also points out that email marketing boasts a wide reach and enviable conversion numbers, in addition to being affordable.
If that’s not enough to bring you on board with this highly effective marketing method, here are some compelling statistics from Wordstream and Constant Contact that will make you a new fan of email marketing:
- 80% of retail professionals say that email marketing is their greatest driver of customer retention.
- A prospect or customer who opens an email on a mobile device then opens that same email again on another device is 65% more likely to click-through to your site or offer.
- 73% of millennials say that email is their preferred means of business communication.
- Segmented email campaigns have an open rate 14.32% higher than non-segmented emails, with click-throughs of 195% higher than non-segmented campaigns.
- 28% of consumers would like to receive promotional emails more than once per week.
- The number of email users worldwide is expected to rise to 9 billion by 2019.
- On average, 320% more revenue is attributed to welcome emails on a per email basis than other promotional emails. Transaction rates for personalized emails are six times higher than others.
- 77% of people prefer to get permission-based promotional messages via email over direct mail, text, phone, or social media.
- According to Forrester, people are twice as likely to sign up for your email list as they are to interact with you on Facebook.
- While social media and search should not be ignored, email has higher conversion rates than these two practices combined.
- 72% of consumers prefer email as their source of business communication.
- 88% of smartphone users check email on their phones. This makes it more popular than any other app!
These statistics show how valuable email marketing can be for small businesses. Whether you’re looking to increase your customer base or strengthen your relationship with existing customers, email marketing will provide you with the tools you need to reach your revenue goals in a smart and affordable way.
Email marketing is the one marketing method you shouldn’t be ignoring (unless you’re not interested in improving your ROI). So begin an email campaign today and start enjoying greater reach and enviable conversion rates that will help you grow your business!
Originally published at Omnichannel Retailing Hub by Rain Retail Software.