Where 6 Marketing Pros Share Their Secrets to Success
Do you want to know the secrets to making your business a success but aren’t sure where to look? Or who’s tips you can trust?
After all, between social media and search engines, there are thousands of businesses and personalities claiming to know how to increase your sales, make your business better, and do it all in no time.
To help you sort through the wealth of knowledge available on the Internet, we’ve compiled a list of top experts in inbound marketing, social media, search engine optimization, and blogging.
We’ll take it a step further. After we show you our hand-picked gurus, we’ll tell you how you can add marketing leaders to your to-follow list so you can find strategies and tips that will make your business better and better.
Let’s take a look.
Hubspot — Leader in Inbound Marketing
The people at HubSpot are excellent at what they do, and they are kind enough to show the rest of us how to succeed like they do. They maintain two high quality blogs and have approximately a million guides you can download. From blog templates to email examples, HubSpot has a wide spectrum of marketing guidance that will take you far.
Where to find Hubspot’s expert advice -
- Website — http://www.hubspot.com/
- Blog — http://blog.hubspot.com/
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/hubspot/
- Twitter — https://twitter.com/HubSpot
Social Media Examiner — Expert in All Things Social Media
Social Media Examiner is the place to go to find current information on all new things social media. Each week they highlight the latest changes in the social media world all in one place. They share great advice on their blog and give expert advice from other industry leaders in their weekly podcasts. They put on a huge event each year where thousands of marketers gather to learn from experts in the field (including some on our list). Don’t miss what they have to say.
Where to find SME’s must-have advice :
- Website/Blog — http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/smexaminer/
- Twitter — https://twitter.com/SMExaminer
Mari Smith — Facebook Guru
Mari Smith has a wealth of Facebook knowledge that she loves to share. She has great tips everywhere you turn. Other social media leaders look to her because she truly is the world’s leader when it comes to Facebook. She is very involved on her own Facebook page and always keeps her followers up to date on the latest in Facebook updates and changes. If you use Facebook for your business, you need Mari. If you don’t, you need to start. And you need Mari even more.
Where to find Mari’s game-changing advice -
- Website — https://www.marismith.com/
- Blog — https://www.marismith.com/mari-smith-blog/
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/marismith
- Twitter — https://twitter.com/MariSmith
Jon Loomer — Facebook Advertizing Ninja
Jon’s specialty is in Facebook advertizing. He digs deep when no one else wants to take the time. He does extensive Facebook ad testing and wants to help you improve your own Facebook engagement. He shares what he learns through social media, his blog, podcasts, and more. Jon and his advice are an asset every business needs.
Where to find Jon’s researched advice -
- Website/Blog — http://www.jonloomer.com/
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/jonloomerdigital
- Twitter — https://twitter.com/jonloomer
MOZ — The Top Spot for Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Whether you are new to the land of Search Engine Optimization, or an expert, Moz needs to be on your list of experts-to-follow. In addition to the weeky tip videos they share, they provide free SEO software, have an excellent blog, and maintain a huge SEO community forum. They also hold highly-attended events where SEO experts gather to share what they know. If you need SEO in your life (you do), you need Moz.
Where to find Moz’s top notch advice -
- Website — https://moz.com/
- Blog — https://moz.com/blog
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/moz
- Twitter — https://twitter.com/Moz
Jeff Bullas — Blogging Mastermind
Jeff is one of the top bloggers in the world and has an amazing archive of tips and advice for bloggers who are just starting out, or those who have been at it for a while and need a boost.
Where to find Jeff’s key advice -
- Website/Blog — http://www.jeffbullas.com/
- Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/pages/jeffbullascom/
- Twitter — https://twitter.com/jeffbullas
How can you tell who to follow?
Here are some tips for finding experts if you are ever seeking to expand upon the list you have.
- Look at Social Proof — How many Twitter followers do they have? What is their Facebook page like?
- Blog Shares — Are there many shares on their blog posts?
- Do they show a customer list?
- Go with your gut — It takes time to build a social following, a blog, and Internet fame. There are many small businesses and startups that have great advice to give, but have just started giving it, so they may not have a large following yet. In the end, go with your gut. If you read a piece of business advice that makes sense for your business, judge for yourself if the investment of time/money/resources is worth the risk, and try it out.
Originally published at Rain Retail Software.