11 Incredible Things About Flowers That Every Flower Enthusiast Should Know
Flowers have always been something that holds a special place in everyone’s hearts. Inlaid with meanings and significances, No ceremony is complete without flowers. Whether it is your friend’s birthday, or your marriage anniversary, you can get a bouquet of flowers for anything and everything. Here are some of the things that are not known by many –
· The first flowers appeared 140 million years ago. Their ancestors were none other than ferns.
· A fact that is not known by many — Broccoli is a flower.
· Orchids are able to get all their nutrients from the air. They can grow without soil.
· Sunflowers produce toxic substances that kill all nearby vegetation. More space for them to flourish.
· The world’s largest flower is the Titan Arum. A single leaf of this flower can reach upto 6 meters. The size of a small tree!
· Some flowers, like the Rafflesia are carnivores. They feed on small insects, like flies and butterflies.
· The lotus was considered to be a sacred flower by ancient Egyptians.
· In addition to being the flowers of love, roses are also used to make jams, jellies and tea
· Moon flowers are the only flowers that blossom during the night.
· Flowers of bamboo are rarely seen. They only develop when the bamboo reaches the age of 65–120.
· The flower known as angelica was used in medieval Europe to cure everything.
There is not a single occasion or event that a flower cannot add to. From Holi, and Birthday parties, to Rakhi, they can be used for all. With the online delivery service, these flowers can easily be obtained anywhere and everywhere. Just login to the online store and get the flower delivery service in Gurgaon.
If you are looking for cakes, get them online as well get the online cake delivery service in Gurgaon and receive it at your home.