ALPAKA 7ven Bag: for Everyday Carry
In the last post I talked about what minimalism means to us (ALPAKA) and how this inspired the design of the bag. As promised, I’m discussing the features of the bag and why it is a bag suited for both work AND play.
Adapts to carry all of your gear
- Suspended Laptop Sleeve: It comes with a suspended laptop sleeve set in the middle of the bag in order to keep your laptop safe and secure from theft. It will also protect it in the case that you happen to drop your bag, since the sleeve is not directly touching the base of the bag.
- Easily carry your tripod: If you're a photographer, you'll be able to carry your tripod with ease. The bag is expandable and contains magnetic couplings that allow you to easily store gear by just unhooking the couplings. You can even carry your yoga mat.
Smart, easy to access layout
- Quick access front compartment: There is a front compartment for you to quickly access your frequently used gear.
- Hidden back compartment: There's a hidden compartment on the back of bag where you can store all your valuables (wallet, phone, keys, etc.) and it even has space for your tablet.
- Plenty of pockets: We know how important it is to have pockets to store all of your gear. You have charging cables, headphones, portable chargers, pens, etc. That's why the inside of the bag is also equipped with a molle style webbing to keep all of your stuff neatly organized.
Loves to fly
- Attaches to your luggage: You can use the strap or the stabilizer to attach to your luggage for easy transport along airports.
- Carry-on approved: It's approved for carry-on by all major airlines and it fits comfortably under airplane seats.
- High quality weatherproof material: Weatherproof 1000D ballistic nylon not only protects your gear from getting wet, it also gives the bag an elegant, minimalist feel.
- Rip-stop lining: The inside of the bag comes with durable, high end rip-stop lining. It looks great and will last a lifetime.
- Strap: We opted to use a wide thick strap for comfort and durability when using the bag. It also comes equipped with a removable shoulder padding for extra comfort.
Innovative Closure System
- Magnetic coupling system: The bag is fitted with quick release magnetic fasteners that are very easy to use and also allow the bag to be expanded when carrying extra gear.
What makes it a bag for work and play?
So what makes a bag suitable for work but also casual enough to take anywhere else?
The 7ven bag was designed with an elegant look for work but can also adapt to any casual situation. Here's why it works in both scenarios:
The bag can be worn as a messenger bag, a shoulder bag or if you're going into an important meeting: a carry bag.
The black minimalist design of the bag is one of the main reasons why it can be used in a work environment and also in a more relaxed occasion.
The bag is packed with several compartments that can store all of your tech gear, including a suspended laptop sleeve. The integrated molle system inside the bag can be used to neatly organize all of your cables and chargers and there are also dedicated pockets to store your pens, usb drives and other tech gadgets and tools.
The materials used for the bag give it an air of high quality:
- The outer part of the bag is made out of 1000D ballistic nylon. It makes the bag look stylish. It is also a very tough and durable material but it is very easy to clean.
- The inner lining is comprised of light high-end ripstop nylon. The light grey colour makes your belongings very easy to find.
- The carry handle and bottom corners of the bag are made of high-end french leather, which give the 7ven bag an extra touch of class.
The bag is a mix of a messenger and a duffel bag and has a triangular shape that allows the bag to stand on its own without tipping over. This shape also gives the bag plenty of space to store your clothes, documents and your laptop without making it look bulky.
We will be launching a Kickstarter campaign later this year. As we get closer to the launch will be releasing more specific details. Stay tuned.