CLOUDTESTR — An Automation Testing Platform
What is Automation Testing and Why CloudTestr?
Automation testing is used to reduce manual effort that’s involved in the repetitive work, thus, saving time. With manual testing, there is always a chance for human error which can be avoided by automation testing. Considering the benefits of automation testing, Sunera Technologies developed an automation testing platform — CloudTestr.
CloudTestr is a cloud-based testing automation platform that rapidly automates testing changes to enterprise apps. It does testing for cloud applications allowing users to design, scope, test and report with a great speed. It is a testing‐as‐a‐service (TaaS) platform that comes with in‐built keyword driven framework for a simplified test creation; test‐cycle management for managing scope and does integrated test execution for easy scheduling & execution and custom reporting to give quick information access.
Features of CloudTestr
1. Dashboard: It gives brief information on the status of testcases in each application before and after execution. A user can track the count of testcases of applications and get information on the recent activities of these applications effortlessly.
2. Design: This module involves creation and capturing of testcases, configuring the test steps and grouping these testcases into testsets. Well, if you are wondering how to create testcase, please look into the steps below:
a. Creation of a testcase — A testcase is generally a condition that allows a user to understand whether the condition is working according to the requirements or not. A testcase is defined by associating it with an application, environment and type of testcase. After creating a testcase the user can now record a scenario of the application flow which is called as capturing. Testcase in CloudTestr can be a single end-to-end flow or a group of individual workflows which can be merged into a single composite testcase used for parallel execution.
b. Configure teststeps — In this process most hectic tasks are seen avoided, because as scripting is almost replaced with UI changes. A user needs to directly make necessary changes form the UI, which does not require much of technical knowledge. It includes copying of script lines from other testcases, grouping of script lines and iterate them as required, thereby simplifying the complexity of script, copy/paste operations inducing quick inserts like delay operation and so on.
3. Scope: For every release it is possible to group testsets into their respective test cycles such as unit testing, functional testing, etc.
4. Perform: In this module the execution and scheduling of testsets are performed.
5. Review: This module provides status of releases and testsets execution along with their reports generated.
Advantages over other testing tools:
· CloudTestr can be integrated in any of these testing tools — QTP, Selenium and Oats as per the user Requirement.
· It is a Script-less testing tool, which means there is no need to worry about writing scripts. In most cases, the script writing is handled by CloudTestr, a user just needs to provide the test data for execution of the testcase.
· One can perform execution of a test case at any time through schedule option that is available in the tool.
· Grouping of testcases — Multiple testcases can be grouped into a single testset and perform execution to all of them in a single click. And the execution will be performed in the order that test cases were added.
· Provides a feature to import an already existing script and perform execution of it.
· Import and Export of testcases is available.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article on one of the products that I am currently working at Suneratech. Please feel free to send your comments on this post here.