CS371p Spring 2022: Randall Crawford
- What did you do this past week? I finished implementing the optimizations for Collatz in this class. Outside of this class, I had a few other assignments I did and lectures I attended. Additionally, I spent some time with friends and family and got to go out of town for a few days. I also watched the Super Bowl.
- What’s in your way? Most of the things in my way are rooted in procrastination. I have a few assignments due in the next few days which I need to sit down and focus on, as I have been neglecting them until now which was a bad choice. I believe that if I can overcome this chronic procrastination, which I expect plagues many students, I will be able to work much more efficiently on my school work and consequently have much more time for more desirable things that especially interest me. I also think it would be conducive to learning more if I can focus for longer periods without putting of learning/working.
- What will you do next week? This week, I have a number of assignments due in various classes. I need to meet up with project partners, write a good amount of code, and do all these things in a timely manner to ensure that I have ample time to do what I please outside of school and do not waste unnecessary time on my schoolwork.
- What did you think of Paper #4: Pair Programming? This was an interesting read as it is something I have used in the past. I think there is a great deal to learn about both collaboration and programming from this paper, so it is good that it is being shared with the class.
- What was your experience of exceptions and StrCmp? (this question will vary, week to week) StrCmp was interesting with all the edge cases that came out of it. Exceptions were also interesting as there were many functionalities I did not realize they had.
- What made you happy this week? This week I got to spend time with friends and exercise which always make me happy.
- What’s your pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week? My tip of the week is VSCode. It is in my opinion the best editor, as well as the most versatile.