7 Stats You Must Know about Mobile App Marketing
Nobody had perhaps thought when mobiles phones were born that they would one day become an essential part of marketing. The popularity of mobile phones and apps has gone sky high, especially in the past few years. Mobile apps have become an important cog in the wheel of marketing strategies of many businesses world over. However, it’s difficult to devise a marketing plan without getting a deep insight into mobile app statistics. So, here I am bringing for you 7 stats that highlight the importance of mobile app marketing.
- Number of mobile subscriptions surpasses the world’s population
According to Ericsson’s most recent Mobility Report, the total number of mobile subscriptions in 2015 outnumbered the number of people living on our planet. The implication is crystal clear that smartphones have become the first choice of people to access the Internet.
Image source: statista.com
2. 58% Rise in smartphone application usage over the last year
A new report by Yahoo-owned mobile analytics firm Flurry shows that overall smartphone app usage grew by 58% in 2015.
- A major chunk, i.e. 48%, of the 58% growth in app usage came from existing users in 2015, up from 20% the previous year.
- Personalized apps, like Android-lock screens, witnessed a skyrocketing rise of 332% in session usage.
- News and magazine apps, on the other hand, recorded a staggering growth of 135% in 2015.
Read Full blog at — 7 Stats You Must Know about Mobile App Marketing