Cloud Computing Service Models
In this article, we will try to understand in simplest possible way; What is cloud? What are different cloud offerings? How does it work for you?
Cloud computing constitutes a broad range of services. Web is the common thread between all of these. So something sitting on your desktop and able to operate on its own is not a cloud service.
Key characteristics of a cloud based solution are:
It is available on demand.
- It can be accessed through standard platforms like desktop, laptop, mobile.
- It can be used by multiple people.
- People can share resources.
- It can easily handle increase/decrease of user base.
- Solution can scale up/down easily.
- Billing for the service can be easily measured.
There are different types of cloud computing services commonly classified as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). In a very simplistic explanation:
- SaaS — is software delivered over web.
- PaaS — is platform delivered over web, for the creation of the software.
- IaaS — is infrastructure (hardware/software) delivered over web as an on demand leased service.
Let’s take a deeper look at these services.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
- It is available through web either as a paid/free service.
- It is centrally managed and delivered to all.
- …. Read Full Blog at- Cloud Computing Service Models