The Coronavirus Outbreak So Far and Why It's So Concerning [Comic]
Please note the following is accurate as of Early February 2020
The Coronavirus outbreak has been dominating headlines for the last few weeks. I am growing concerned with the increasing amount of panic, misinformation and xenophobia being circulated and wanted to do something to help.
The following is a summary of what we know so far about the outbreak and why we should be taking it seriously. I hope the comic format makes the information more accessible and is a good starting point for staying well informed.
Full Disclaimer: I work as a product manager for Elsevier. This blog post and comic are my own creation and in no way represent the thoughts and opinions of my employer.
Some good resources on Coronavirus (Bibliography)
- Coronavirus: latest information and advice. GOV.UK. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public Published 2020. Accessed February 2, 2020.
- Novel Coronavirus Information Center. Elsevier Connect. https://www.elsevier.com/connect/coronavirus-information-center Published 2020. Accessed February 2, 2020.
- Coronavirus. Who.int. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 Published 2020. Accessed February 2, 2020.
- Novel Coronavirus 2019, Wuhan, China | CDC. Cdc.gov. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Published 2020. Accessed February 2, 2020.
- John Hopkins Visual Map 2019-nCoV Global Cases. https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6