Things you must be aware of before beginning to prepare for the IAS exam
Indian Administrative Services or IAS, as you all know is the one of the toughest examinations that you have. If you are interested in appearing for this examination, it is very important for you to have the proper bend of mind. Not all, who sit for this examination, are able to crack it. So, if you want to become an IAS officer, make sure that you work very hard. Apart from working hard, there are also certain things that you need to keep in mind before preparing for this examination.
Given below is a list of things that you need to keep in mind when you plan to sit for an IAS examination:
· Even before starting the preparation of the IAS examination, make sure that you get the PI session done. This session is a type of personal interview, which helps the candidate to have a clearer mindset throughout the exam preparation.
· The UPSC conducts the IAS examination, and it is very important that when you are appearing for this examination, you are aware of the dates of the examination. As per the UPSC guidelines the examination dates are subject to changes so you need to keep yourself updated.
· The candidate preparing for IAS examinations should be able to answer himself or herself perfectly, as to how he, as an IAS officer will be able to bring about changes in the society. There are no, set answers to these questions. The thing required here, is to ensure that you have an answer which is more constructive and different from the rest of the students. Only by doing this will you be able to increase your chances of cracking this examination.
· PS, IRS and IFS are parts of the IAS examination, and if you want to score well in the IAS examination, it is very important that you are able to do well in these examinations as well. You need to have a clear target in mind and a good understanding of the target, will help you do well in this examination.
· There is no fixed rule, regarding how much time you need to prepare for IAS examination. However according to the experts, 10–12 months is a good time to prepare for this examination. Needless to say that this is one of the toughest examinations and the competition is massive.
· It is very important to design a proper timetable and find out the topics which you are good at. Ensure that you give yourself more time to prepare for the difficult topics and keep lesser time for preparing the topics that you are good at.
So if you stay in Delhi and you are preparing for your IAS examination, make sure that you take the help of one of the top IAS coaching in Delhi. A good coaching along with your hard work will surely help you in cracking the toughest examination.