Polymorph Games Plans A New Build Your Own City Sim. FOUNDATION!
You are the Lord of the Village! Build your city, grow your wealth and the economy, and lead your vassals while facing the challenges dealing with the intrigue of the King and Court, the machinations of the Ecclesiastical Estate and the unpredictable behaviors of the rabble and the highwaymen.
In “FOUNDATION” you will be building a Medieval City using 3 unique features that allow you to create an organic city:
- You have total freedom to build where you want since buildings will adapt to the topography they are built on. You can freely build uphill, on top of a mountain, on a cliff or at a waters edge.
- You will help to determine where roads are traced from the walking trails of the villagers and carts. Roads will tend to weave around hills as they go uphill. Observe as popular roads widen and become major highways and unfrequented ones will disappears over time.
- Divide your land in shapes you want by using the paint tool to create different types of zoning like agricultural, residential, military, religious, commercial, and resources extraction such quarries, hunting reserves, and lumber lots.
- You will create unique majestic monuments! “FOUNDATION” allows you to design unique monuments to beautify your city: Churches, cathedrals, abbeys and castles. You can assemble your monument by choosing among different parts and architectural options.
- You will need to establish relation with your neighbour cities to access to rare materials and specialized workers needed to build your edifices in your honour.
- You may look to inspire yourself from examples of unique European cities: Import real topologies and reproduce the great cities of history.
Awards & Recognition
Winner of CATAPULTE 2017. FOUNDATION distinguished itself from 7 other videogames as the one with the most commercial potential and most promising for Quebec City gaming to have worldwide influence. Press coverage (French)
“Polymorph Games remporte le concours Catapulte.”
— Yves Therrien, Le Soleil
About Polymorph Games
Polymorph Games is a videogame company based in Quebec City, Canada, founded in February 2016 by two veteran game developers. Our mission is to deliver immersive City Building experiences for PC and consoles platforms. The company is well known for its work for videogame companies like Eidos Montreal and others.
More information on Polymorph Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Who we are
We helped Eidos Montreal with programming on their game
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
We developed core mechanics and did game design consulting for Ululab’s new undisclosed project.
« It’s quite rare to find game developers who can quickly adapt their programming skills to what’s needed. Polymorph have shown that their talent ranges from quick prototyping code, to low level performance optimization, to code that is well structured and scales to long term development. As such Polymorph can bring a truly useful contribution at any stage of a game’ development. We would certainly work with them again. »
– François Boucher-Genesse, Ululab
Philippe Dion — Creative Director and Senior Programmer
Philippe is a 9 year experienced game developer who has a computer science degree. He made his debut as a game programmer at Frima Studio where he was quickly recognized for his leadership and creativity. These qualities led him to lead a programming team responsible for the delivery of more than a dozen titles, most of them intellectual properties.In 2014, he created Chariot, a game that won the Numix Independent Game Award and was finalist in 8 categories at the Canadian Videogame Awards.
Léo Carnaut-Delord — Technical Director
With a Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Léo holds 6 years of experience in video games. He worked at BulkyPix and Spiders in France, then at Frima and Larian in Quebec City.He has led the development team of the multiplatform engine and the game editor of Chariot. He also worked closely with the production team to design cutting-edge technologies and tools that allow them to express their creativity and increase their efficiency.In 2015, Léo won the Pixel Challenge, a gaming competition in Quebec City, with Beyond, a cooperative platformer.
Foundation relies on our own game engine: Hurricane, a 3D component-oriented C++ engine. Hurricane is the very extension of the company and is the key to the success of Foundation as it allows us to create tools that are fully and precisely designed to express our creativity.
Hurricane also facilitates the provision of some of our tools to the community. Players who want to personalize their experience will discover simple and enjoyable tools specifically designed for gaming.
Its key features are:
- c++ engine & game play
- component based, data driven
- physically based rendering
- in game c++ hot-reload
- c++ code reflection
- c++ custom code annotation system
- automatic exposure of editable members in the editor
- custom editable resource type
- simplified save-game system
- dynamic replay of game session
- complete game & level editor (scene edition, prefabs, scene tree, …)
- behavior tree node tool