Chicken Recipe #1 Pepper chicken
Hope all are doing good and my warm wishes to you all ❤.
I was just wondering if there is any recipe that is kind of play safe and easy to recreate.
Here’s one. I am sharing this recipe with you and this is a must try, very simple recipe, no fancy ingredients and also every time I try making this recipe it turns out so good.
Okay, let’s jump right into the recipe.
Chicken -1/2 kg
Green chili -1
Ginger garlic paste -1 tbsp
Tomato -1(Medium sized)
Curry leaves -2 sprig
Turmeric -1/4 tsp
Salt -as required
Water -1/4 cup
Gingelly oil -2 1/2 tbsp
Coriander leaves -for garnishing
For the spice powder
Cinnamon -1 inch
Cumin seeds -1/2 tbsp
Pepper corns -1 tbsp
Coriander seeds -1 1/2 tbsp
- Let’s start with making the spice powder.
Heat a kadai and dry roast the following ingredients:
Let it cool and grind it to a fine powder.
Note: We are going to use only a half of the ground powder.
2. Heat a kadai and add gingelly oil to it. Once the oil becomes hot, add the green chili and shallots to it.
3. Once the shallot turns soft(in about 5 minutes), add the ginger garlic paste.
4. When the raw smell of ginger garlic paste fades away, add the chicken(I have cleaned the chicken and applied 1/4 Tsp of salt and 1/4 Tsp of turmeric). Simmer the flame and cover and cook the chicken for 5 minutes.
5.Now add a tomato, curry leaves, spice powder (1/4th of the ground powder), salt, turmeric powder. Mix well. Add water.
From now on, turn the heat to medium and cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked, adding the spice powder as required, stirring every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
6. Garnish with few coriander leaves.
Here is a quick video tutorial to help you out.
Take care guys!
Happy cooking ❤