Hey Daniel here and welcome to my ToonVidio review.
So what exactly is ToonVidio all about? Well it’s is a desktop (Adobe Air) software that creates 2D as well as 3D animated videos with one single software. The software comes with a version for Windows as well as one for Mac users and you can be up and creating beautiful 3d animated videos in no time.
Here’s a quick overview of ToonVidios’ main features:
- Creating 3D Animated Videos
- Creating 2D Animated Explainer Videos
- Thousands of 2D & 3D Video Assets
- Animated Video Previews for Email
- Viral Video Meme Creation
- Kinetic Typography Videos
- Video Editing Suite
- Complete Control w/ NO Restrictive Templates
First you’ll need to download the software to your computer and install it there. This isn’t difficult and the wizard walks you through the installation, like you are used to by any other software. You’ll need Adobe Air being installed on your computer to be able to install this software. In most of the cases, Adobe Air will already be installed. If not, you’ll get a message with a link to download and install it. After you installed and started the software, it will look similar to the one in the screen shot below.
From here you can either start creating your video from scratch or you can use one of the included templates. Note: I had a beta review copy, so it’s possible that you’re software will look a bit different or has other templates included than the ones you see within the screen shot above.
I started with a template. They need to be downloaded to the software. That’s not a big thing and the software does it in the background. So based on your internet connection you might need to wait a bit until the template is ready. I used the Infographic template for this review.
When you have loaded a template, then you ca customize nearly everything. If you want to move the character, then you just click on it and move it around. You can also rotate all the objects within the video. Plus you can add text, objects, characters, background, images as well as audio.
The different templates / projects can easily be customized and you can also add new scenes or even delete one from an existing template. After you completed or edited your videos for your needs you can export it and save it on your computer. With the software version I had for testing, there were two file type options (mp4 & flv) plus you can also export the video as animated gif. I did that and exported the Infographic Template as gif. See image below.
Can I create my own templates?
Yes, you can create your own template and start a new projects with blank canvas from scratch.
Does the software work on a Mac?
Yes, the software works also on a Mac. They have two version you can download within the members area. One for Windows and one for Mac.
Can I use to create videos in foreign languages?
Yes, as far as I tested it, you can edit all the text and so you can use create videos in any language.
- Loads of features
- Nice templates
- Flexible (templates can be edited)
- You can create your own scenes from scratch
- Videos can be imported
- Custom audio can be used
- Comes with backgrounds, audio, different characters & objects
- Viewer statistics
- There’s no function to record your audio. So if you create a an explainer video, then you need another software to create the voice over and add it to the video. You can’t record the voice over directly within the software.
- If you want to delete an element, you can’t use the keyboard’s delete button. You need to use the delete function within the software. It’s not a big deal.
- If you accidentally delete an element, then you need to add it again. You can go a step backward. Using control z on the keyboard doesn’t work either. again, it’s not such a big deal. I’m just used to do that :-)
ToonVidio Review Conclusion
Overall this is a good video creation software. Is it perfect? Not at all. I don’t mean that in a bad way. It’s like every other software out there. None of them is perfect. But I do fully believe that this isn’t just a fly by night product launch and that the software will be discontinued after a month. With all the templates, 2D & 3D animations as well as editing features the software brings a lot of value I feel confident in saying ToonVidios is well worth considering.
If you get the software through me, then you’ll also receive the following bonuses. You’ll get instant access to them inside your JVZoo account after you completed your purchase for ToonVidios.
Read more here: ToonVidio Review, Product Tour & Bonus