The 10-Step Process to Getting Your Real Estate License in Florida (Detailed Steps)
This is information to learn about how to obtain a real estate license in the state of Florida.
- VERIFY that you meet the state eligibility requirements and submit your application. For Florida, visit DBPR on the web at www.myfloridalicense.com
- LOCATE a fingerprinting vendor in your community and attach to your DBPR application. Typically, the UPS store will provide this service.
- ENROLL in a FREC-approved 63-Credit Hour Pre-License SALES ASSOCIATE Course
- PASS the course final exam — MINIMUM SCORE TO PASS IS 70% — Realty School 101’s online self-paced option will provide you with a practice exam. You will be given 2 official (online) self-proctored final exams. If you do not meet the required score on the first try, you will have a waiting period of 30 days before the next available exam opens for you. If you find yourself in a position where you have not passed your exam, please contact Realty School 101’s friendly instructors to assist you in your study planning (Call 850.567.0002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- RECEIVE a Completion Certificate from Realty School 101.
- SIGN-UP for the Florida Real Estate Sales Licensing Exam (click HERE for Pearson Vue’s Website)
- STUDY for the exam. Consider an exam prep course designed to help you pass. For the Florida Sales Associate Pre-Licensing KEY POINT REVIEW CLICK HERE!: *Exam Prep description*: Available in MP3 format, this option provides over 2 hours of enhanced hands-free curriculum review covering the key points of Florida Real Estate Principles, Practices & Law. The narrator emphasizes key terms, presents concepts, and references the text, reinforcing classroom lessons and preparing you for the state licensing exam. Searchable tracks allow you to go directly to specific unit topics. Note: It is required that you download the .MP3 files to a computer before transferring to a tablet or listening device. ENROLL in the Florida Real Estate Sales Associate Drill & Practice QBank!: *Exam Prep description: SIGN-UP for the Florida Real Estate Law Exam Prep Course! *Exam Prep description: This online course is designed for nonresident license applicants who are seeking a Florida real estate license through mutual recognition. The course is designed to prepare you for the Laws and Rules Examination administered by the state of Florida. You will learn about Florida real estate license law, real estate-related Florida Statutes, and Florida Real Estate Commission administrative rules. The course also covers the Florida Real Estate Commission’s required content outline for the Laws and Rules Examination.
- PASS the State License Exam (MINIMUM SCORE TO PASS IS 75%)
- ACTIVATE your license by affiliating with a broker or a brokerage corporation. EMAIL the Realty School 101 Team at email@example.com or by calling 850.567.0002 if you need further assistance with this step of the process.
- SELL! You now have the credential you need to help others buy or sell real estate throughout the entire state of Florida. You may also use your license to access key resources including MLS (Multiple Listing Service) Databases to discover property information for your own self-investing.
- Prior to your license expiration date (You can easily lookup online anytime by searching the DBPR website public records located at www.myfloridalicense.com), you must successfully complete a FREC-approved 45 Credit Hour Post-License course for Sales Associates.
- Before your NEXT expire date following the post-license renewal, you will only need to complete 14 credit hours of FREC-Approved Continuing Education for Florida Real Estate Professionals. You will need to do this every 24 months subsequent to the prior renewal date.
NEW! Live Streaming Option
Want to take a live classroom license course from the comfort of your home or anywhere you have a WiFi or hotspot connection? Now you can!
Realty School 101 now offers Live Streaming for the Following 5 Courses:
45 Credit Hour Post-License (Sales Associates)
30 Credit Hour Post-License — Management (Brokers)
30 Credit Hour Post-License — Investment (Brokers)
63 Credit Hour Pre-License (Sales Associates)
72 Credit Hour Pre-License (Brokers)
We Would Love to Hear from You!
Realty School 101, LLC, A Florida Real Estate School, HQ Tallahassee, Research Base in San Francisco Bay Area, Florida’s Leader in Real Estate License Education & On-Demand Professional Development Training, Licensing Portal Coming soon to California!
Click HERE to Watch a brief video on how to become a Florida REALTOR®