“Poha” with a Twist — “ AAM Poha”
Here is your Sunday Breakfast with a little Twist……
What’s the Twist ?…. Addition of Coconut & Raw mango
Here is the recipe for Beginners:
1.5 cup Poha
1 Green chilly
8 to 10 Curry leaves
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
½ teaspoon Red chilly (For those who like spicy food)
Small in size — Grated Raw mango (As per taste)
2 Tablespoon Oil
Salt (As required)
½ teaspoon Sugar (optional — if you like sweet)
Garnish: With any Namkeen (preferable: Ratlami Sev), Finely chopped Coriander leaves, Grated Coconut/Coconut Powder .
1. Rinse poha in running water using strainer twice or thrice (depends upon the thickness of the Poha. For thick Poha let it be thrice while for thin it can be twice)
2. Ensure Poha should not break
3. Leave it aside for a while you do rest of the preparation
4. Once Poha is soft, sprinkle ½ tsp Chilli powder, Salt and Sugar and gently mix with your hands.
5. Heat Oil in the pan and add Mustard seeds in hot oil
6. Add chopped Onions, sauté it till it turns translucent
7. Add ½ tsp turmeric and add curry leaves, green chilli and grated Raw mango
8. Add Poha in the pan. Mix everything gently
9. Garnish with coconut Powder and grated coriander.