Substance abuse help services
The company offers comprehensive longer-term residential treatment at a modern-built facility, patients gain the skills they need to resist cravings, cope with difficult times, and fight addiction. The staff, consisting of experienced social workers, nurses, and counselors, build respectful partnerships with patients and their families and work hand-in-hand with them to transform their lives. Each patient has access to expert clinical services like cognitive behavioral therapy, individual counseling, family counseling, medication-assisted treatment, and more. Each individualized treatment plan may include some or all of these services with the goal of helping patients and families enjoy better emotional, mental, and physical health. With the right emotional skills and support system, patients can achieve long-term abstinence and enjoy a higher quality of life.
- Clinical therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Medication treatment
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy
- Family counseling
Finding Rehab Center Near Me
Anyone can be a victim of addiction. According to many reliable sources, millions of folks in America alone are addicted to drugs or alcohol. However, not even half of them are getting some kind of help for possible recovery.
Well, there is no need to be this way. Alcohol or drug addictions are remediable with the aid and supervision of experienced medical professionals, therapies, and peer support, all of them being available in rehabilitation (rehab) centers.
Fortunately, these treatment facilities across the nation have grown considerably over the years. This indicates that more patients can visit a drug and alcohol rehab center that can cater to their individual requirements.
Thus, the search for a drug rehabilitation center near me or an alcohol rehabilitation center near me is definitely on the rise. Deciding to seek treatment from rehab facilities is fine but selecting the right one is challenging, especially for beginners.
Finding a rehab center near me is one thing and ensuring that it is giving the treatment that you need is another thing. Thus, this is the gap you need to bridge for choosing the right local rehab center. After all, if the apt treatment becomes easy to find, recovery becomes like a dream come true.
This post guides you on the different options and factors to consider while selecting a rehab center nearby.
Why Go for a Rehab Center Near Me?
When it is a matter of seeking treatment, nobody will like to go to distant places. This is because of the traveling time involved and the uncertainty of duration to be spent there for treatment.
It only increases both time and money. Thus, rationally, patients will look for a nearby rehab center for getting effective and affordable treatment, especially when it is the matter of coming out addiction.
Getting treated near your home is convenient. Further, if you wish to communicate with your family, pals, or relatives; it becomes easier for them to visit you. Even they may easily decide to take part in healing sessions.
Nevertheless, you may opt for a remote place, especially if you are living in a polluted area or have some bad memories or influences that can easily trigger cravings. Still, the nearby rehab facility that you choose can easily overcome these issues for you.
At times, there is a mental setting that being in a rural area means traveling a bit far to seek addiction treatment. However, this is not always true; thanks to the increasing rehab centers.
Types of Rehabs
Before you go ahead and choose a drug rehab near me or an alcohol rehab center near me, it is essential to know the different types of rehab facilities available. While all facilities provide professional and medical care, the primary point of distinction is in the terms of amenities on offer.
Thus, it is wise to do some research and find out the best center for you. For this, following are the types you need to know:
The traditional drug and alcohol rehab centers are for those who are on a limited budget and are not bothered about luxurious facilities. They are also ideal for those who want to come out of their addiction without staying inside the facility.
While you do not get hotel-like amenities, many traditional centers provide the essentials; professional as well as medical treatment. This encompasses medical detox, group counseling, assessment, 12-step programs, family therapy sittings, aftercare programs, and psychiatric care.
The medical and professional care usually differ from one center to another in terms of the treatment quality. For instance, a few have less staff as compared to the patients being treated, which may indicate less tailored care.
A few centers also have sports amenities or gymnasiums to aid the therapy to make it more effective via nutritional training for those who are malnourished. Some facilities also offer alternate holistic therapies such as music therapy, art therapy, and yoga and meditation.
These centers are usually more affordable than other types of rehab centers. This is because of the lack of spa-like or hotel-like amenities on offer.
As the name indicates, luxurious rehabs provide all sophisticated resort-like amenities. They are ideal for those who do not mind spending lavishly for their recovery. Although most professional and medical services are akin to the traditional rehabs, you get more comfort and convenience in these higher-end centers.
However, a unique benefit of these centers that the traditional ones do not provide is more staff and fewer patients. In other words, you can expect more individualized care here due to which the probability of recovering more swiftly as well as effectively is higher.
Top luxurious centers are typically nestled near hills, beaches, or quiet areas. So, you may not find luxurious rehabs near you if you are living near such places.
However, if you manage to find a good one nearby, you enjoy high-end facilities that the traditional rehabs may not provide. These facilities may encompass swimming pools, spas, gourmet meals, tight security, housekeeping services, horseback riding, and private rooms.
Obviously, due to the sophisticated level of comfort and care you get, the luxurious centers are more expensive than the traditional rehabs.
Executive or VIP Rehabs
As the name indicates, executive rehabs are meant for the executives of companies who do not mind spending in high-end recovery treatment, as they cannot be absent at work for a long time. They are also suitable for the CEOs who are fearful of seeking addiction treatment, as it can affect their trade and commercial status.
The VIP treatment centers provide several of the same facilities that the luxurious centers do. You can expect individualized care to ensure quicker as well as a more effective recovery.
However, what these rehab centers nearby may not provide is group counseling. This is because confidentiality is their priority.
One more priority for these rehabs is prudence. They ensure inpatient comfort, privacy, speedy Internet, sauna, private phones and working zones, massage treatments, hot tubs, pools, gourmet meals, and home theaters.
A few of these facilities allow patients to live more comfortably and work while being treated at the same time. Considering the amenities on offer, VIP rehabs are usually as expensive as the luxury ones.
Takeaway: So, how do you choose a rehab center near me? Well, you should compare the amenities on offer, the total cost, and the effectiveness of recovery.
Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Types
Once you know the different types of rehabs, it is essential to comprehend the different types of treatments available. As a tip, the combination of these two types will help you in easily choosing a drug rehab nearby. Following are the different types of addiction treatment:
· Residential/Inpatient: This is where you live in an inpatient rehab center for the full recovery course, which can last for 28 to 90 days or may be even longer. Here, the purpose is to treat the full body, which encompasses psychological, physical, and behavioral health via supervision of 24 hours. Residential treatments can be given in hospitals, private, or resort-like places. You can expect traditional amenities, such as chef-made meals, fitness center, and a set of rejuvenating activities. This gauge of activities helps in intermingling with other patients for coping well and developing skills such as mutually-beneficial behaviors and personal responsibility.
· Outpatient: This is where you do not live in any center during the treatment course. Rather, you continue to stay at home while going to the center as per the scheduled appointments. Here, the focus is on group therapy sessions. As there is no 24-hour care, outpatient treatments are less expensive than inpatient ones. Outpatient rehabs are likely to be more appropriate for those who cannot somehow quit their life responsibilities and have good social support from friends and family. Still, this type of treatment might be insufficient for several cases.
· Counseling: This can be either individual or in a group. Usually, patients partake in both due to which you need to ensure access to both during inpatient or outpatient treatment. Counseling for an individual is geared towards lifestyle and behavioral issues to be addressed so that self-discipline can sustain. These issues are related to illegal tasks, job status, and social relations. Such sessions also aid in comprehending your cravings, their sources, and the various preemptive ways to handle or avoid them. On the other hand, group counseling focuses positive affirmations and social reinforcement.
· Co-Occurring Disorders Therapy: There are times in which an addicted patient, apart from drug and alcohol abuse, also suffers from other disorders. These are usually psychological disorders, which may be there prior to the addiction and now how they worsen or have evolved due to addiction. A good rehab center recognizes this issue and knows how these disorders are associated and treated.
Takeaway: So, which treatment is suitable for you? Well, The National Institute on Drug Abuse recommends combining treatments such as cognitive-behavioral therapy, 12-step treatment, and motivational therapy with counseling and peer support for the best results. While choosing a drug rehab program, consider which treatments are on offer and how general or specific they are to address or specific issues. Usually, general programs provide comprehensive treatments. In short, identify what is feasible for you. For instance, if you are young and unmarried, you will be more interested in counseling with people of your age group, and not in marital counseling. Above all, consult your physician to guide you here.
More Factors to Consider for Choosing a Rehab Center Near Me
Once you choose the right type of rehab center and are aware of the best treatment combination, following are some more factors to consider for choosing the most suitable rehab facility:
· Get the rehab center assessed by an experienced physician or some other substance abuse professional. It is very easy for your physician in the area to give you a clear picture of how your shortlisted rehab center nearby is performing. This informs you how reliable or caring the center is.
· Ensure that detox is on offer. Do you know detoxing is the primary step towards recovery? Depending on the substance, most rehabs being treatment with managed detox as well as withdrawal in a safe and comfortable setting. Addictive substances not only impact physically but also behaviorally, emotionally, and mentally. Thus, detox should mark the start of a professional revival program that covers all the recovery aspects and ensures an individualized treatment. In some instances, a facility may also employ the help of certain medications to aid in this process.
· Ensure that the center provides the required medication. For instance, if your loved one needs opioid addiction treatment and is looking for prescription medication to get rid of the drug craving, the center near you needs to provide it. It is not necessary that all rehab centers near me shall provide medications. A few ones offer medication, while others implement the abstinence model to heal opioid craving.
· Look for a rehab center nearby that has been for more than five years. In other words, choose a rehab center that is licensed or certified and experienced in diverse patients. Avoid choosing a center that has been since two to four years. While a few of them can be reliable if your physician or someone who is fully recovered suggests you, others are likely to be unscrupulous by taking the benefit of the high demand. The latter centers are also likely to follow unethical practices and do not last long. So, look for the ones that have been operating for more than five years.
· Avoid rehabs that promise you ‘100% recovery’ in any way. This is an explicit lie. This is because no one can do so for an addicted person; it is only that person who can recover successfully by strictly following the treatment plan.
There are drug and alcohol rehab centers across the nation but the probability of one being near you is high. However, just because it is nearby, it does not mean that it is inherently the best for you. The right rehab center near me is the one that gives a suitable treatment plan to get out of the addiction at an affordable outlay and within an acceptable stay time.