Is your Realtor really helping you? Rencana TTDI
What Buyers Do That Realtors Hate!
Hiring a real estate agent involves entering into a relationship. While Realtors are eager to get new clients and buyers are anxious to find the house of their dreams, there can still be serious problems in such relationships. This is especially true when one party has unreasonable expectations.
When it comes to the relationship between buyers and Realtors, the real estate agent has a pretty good idea of what he or she can offer. But for buyers, this may be the first time they have ever worked with an agent before. Because of this, sometimes these buyers can do things that frustrate real estate agents.
Fortunately, most of these can be avoided, as long as you know about them beforehand and you understand at least a little of how the buying process works. For this reason, I have compiled the things buyers do that real estate agents hate. Follow these 13 tips and you will make your local Realtors happy!
Things Realtors Wish Buyers Wouldn’t Do
- Call listing agents on your own — This is a free country and you have the option of doing a lot of stuff on your own, even if you shouldn’t. There is a reason you hired a buyers agent. This person has the skills and expertise you need to get you what you want. Why not use them? If you don’t trust your agent to do a good job you should probably hire another Realtor instead. And if you are happy with the one you have, tell him or her when you are interested in a property and let him or her do the calling for you.
- Ask the listing agent to show you a home when you have a buyers agent — If you have a buyers agent use them! Don’t call the listing agent to show you properties because your Realtor isn’t around. Showing a home to someone who is not a client is not the listing agents job. If your buyer’s agent can never accommodate your schedule, it’s time to find another agent. If your agent is going away for the weekend and you want to see a home that just came on the market, talk to your agent about having another Realtor from their firm fill in for them.
- Ask Realtors to show properties without being pre-approved — Real estate agents are busy people. It takes a lot of phone calls and a lot of miles to do what they do. This is why they want to know that the time they spend with you is worth spending. If you are not pre-approved for a home loan, what incentive does the real estate agent have to show you homes? It may take hours to view a single house, hours that could be spent on clients that can buy a home. A real estate agent doesn’t want to waste their time showing a bunch of homes to you at a price point that you are not qualified for. Before asking to see home make sure you get pre-approved for a loan. Understand the difference between a mortgage pre-qualification and mortgage pre-approval. These are two vastly different things!
- Request to look at homes outside of your price point — If you are only approved for the purchase of a $400,000 home, what is the purpose of looking at a home that is listed at $500,000? No one is ever going to negotiate down on their price that far. Again, you are asking the agent to do things that serve no purpose for him or her and only serves to satisfy your curiosity. Once you have your pre-approval in hand, look at properties that make sense based on your budget, not fantasy land.
- Not respecting our time by calling last minute — If you are working with a professional, they will want to be treated as such. Not respecting another persons time isn’t fair. Real Estate agents have schedules, lives, and family just like everyone else. Don’t expect an agent to drop everything they are doing on a whim because you want to look at a home in an hour. Treat your agent like a professional and you should get the same respect back from them. Deciding the world revolves around you will not help your cause in the long run.
Rencana TTDI project will be like living in the future. The features and amenities in this Malay only reserve land project include executive suites, duplex executive suites, deluxe suites, deluxe duplex suites, 2-storey garden suites, and sky corporate suites.
For more information visit https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/rencana-ttdi