No fuss cooking
Simple and healthy mutter paneer!
The gravy has four main ingredients. You can use this gravy for multiple Indian dishes. The proportion below is meant to serve two people!
- 1 small onion
- 1 small tomato
- 4 pods of garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- Salt(according to taste)
- Chilli powder (1/4 tsp.)
- Cummin seeds(1/2 tsp)
- Turmeric (1/2 tsp)
- Peas (1 cup)
- Paneer(150 gms)
- Grind onion, garlic and ginger to a paste.
- Grind the tomato to a paste.
- Once the oil is hot add cumin seeds and allow it to become golden.
- Add the onion paste and fry till it is slightly brown.
- Add the tomato paste, add chilli powder, turmeric and salt.
- Cook on slow fire till the above ingredients are well cooked
- Once cooked well, the above paste will leave the sides of the PAN.
- Add peas to it.
- Now heat two cups of water and it to the PAN to make gravy.
- Cook till the peas are cooked and the gravy is thick.
- Add paneer to the gravy .
- Garnish with corriender.
Points to remember
- Do not add paneer at the initial stage as it may break and become one with the gravy.
- Do not over boil after you add the paneer