Sophia, the robot who wants to destroy humans
Sophia, one of the most advanced robot and Artificial Intelligence has recently make a huge buzz on internet. Sophia was interviewed by its creator David Hanson and talked about her functions, purpose and ambitions. Hanson asked her if she wants to destroy humans, which he followed up with “Please say no.” “Okay. I will destroy humans,” answered Sophia.
Sophia’s skin is very close to what real humans have and is made of patented silicon. She can also make a total of 62 facial expressions. Sophia’s eyes contain cameras and with a fusion of computer algorithm, she is able to see, follow the direction of faces, look as if making an eye contact and identify people. The humanoid is also able to recognize voices, speak, discuss and boost smartness as time goes by. Thanks to the combination of advanced tools and Alphabet’s Google Chrome voice recognition system. She can participate in a conversation, using speech recognition software. She is even equipped with what Hanson Robotics calls its “Character Engine AI” software, or a personality.
In the future Hanson predicted that robots and humans will be indistinguishable.
He and his team built Sophia so well that she is nearly human.
But that’s the point. She is so close to humans that she wants to destroy them like humans does. War has occurred since the beginning of the human race and war will exist for a long time. Robots and AI has to be different from humans. They can’t make war and certainly not a war against humans like in the Terminator movies. That’s not possible to build a future like this.
That’s why Hanson and his team have to be careful and fix Sophia as soon as possible. I’m sure they know the three rules of the robotics from Isaac Asimov, the famous science fiction writer.
Here is the three rules:
- A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
- A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
- A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws
Maybe we have to set rules in the operating system of the robots.
They have to protect us instead of destroy us.
Engineers create robots to make our future better not to eradicate the planet earth. Robots can’t be like us but better than that.
They must be protector than hostile. We have to decide about it!
- Crazy-eyed robot wants a family — and to destroy all humans: http://www.cnet.com/news/crazy-eyed-robot-wants-a-family-and-to-destroy-all-humans/
- Realistic, Human-like Robot Sophia Cheerfully Says She Wants To Destroy Humans: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/143406/20160324/realistic-human-like-robot-sophia-cheerfully-says-she-wants-to-destroy-humans.htm
- Sophia, the Robot that Will Destroy All Humans: http://www.strangerdimensions.com/2016/03/29/sophia-robot-will-destroy-humans/
2016 © Rémy Bournoville.
Reservoir Apps: Our Easy to use content management system allows users to build professional app without any programming knowledge needed.
Everyone can register http://reservoirapps.us/register.html for a Free access to the CMS and for an Unlimited Time. You will be able to build your own professional Web App. (There is only a fee if you want to publish your native Android & iOS App on Stores!)
LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/remybournoville
Company Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/optimum-entertainment-llc
Articles : https://www.linkedin.com/today/author/remybournoville
Easy App Creation: https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=8122384
Don’t forget to take the LinkedIn Pulse app:
If you like my post, don’t hesitate to follow me and to put a like or a comment!
See you for the next post!