How Children Can Empty Your Cluttered Mind
If We Are Smart We Can Be Our Children’s Students
I don’t have children but when I am in the presence of them I submit myself to their spirit.
How and why?
My role as a parent is absent so I am not constantly battling with decisions on how to raise kids. To me they are a luxury to be around.
Take away worrying about them. Remove disciplining them. Minus the obligations to feed and bath them- and I am left with experiencing their wonder, their free spirit, their curiosity and their careless innocence.
When I was a child I remember thinking how trapped adults were. I saw them trapped inside their bodies. Not moving much. They just sat around or did stuff that lacked creativity. I thought they were mostly sad because they looked worried and talked about stuff that made no sense.
I was witnessing the cluttered minds of the adult world.
There is a magical spirit that children carry. If it’s not obstructed by abuse and is guided with common sense, it can hold many secrets we adults are looking for.
We adults have cluttered minds.
Our inner voice is constantly narrating our life, rambling on about thoughts that are insignificant to the moments of our days.
How can children remove the clutter in our minds?:
- Well, have you noticed how many questions they ask? Their questions are mostly about the earth and nature. Answering these questions is enough to take our minds off those bills we’re overthinking of paying.
- Have you also played games with them? They can create games out of thin air. It is incredible how creative they are, and how open minded they can be. By playing along with them we unleash our imagination which is a mental vacation from our stifling and rigid thoughts on how to be politically correct.
- They laugh and smile when we let loose. Try changing the tone of your voice. Sing a silly song. Walk like a monkey and they will roar with laughter.
- Have you experienced how the innocent laughter of a child relaxes you? Their laughter sings like the happiest bird alive. Its sweetness reflects the inner joy we adults suppress when we conform to a world of grown up rules.
- Life gets so busy. Too many things to do. We try our best to offer our attention to children because we know there are long term consequences if we abandon their requests. But if we can just count to ten and take a deep breath and see children for who they truly are, we may glimpse a very special moment when their innocence shines. Let their inner glow guide our tainted minds.
- There is a whole new generation bubbling within children. they will be the future’s citizens taking over the world. Our cluttered minds today will be forgotten by then so let go of the heavy thoughts that wear us down. It is truly a waste of time.
I am not selling anything. Nothing. I am only offering a piece of my soul to your world. I have a burning desire to express a world where hearts are connected. My only motivation is to unite differences with common feelings of fear, love, and dreams. I only ask to borrow a small piece of your time to read what I write. I certainly don’t write for myself. I write for you because it makes me human to share my creations with you.
If you enjoyed my article please touch the heart below or on the side and share it with your favorite people.
To find out more about me and what I am building please check these:
Sincerely and wholeheartedly,