Signs of Toxic Positivity
“Toxic Positivity”, Yeah You had read that correctly.
When human life becomes more occupied, along with that also occupied with many psychological sick. One among them is “Toxic Positivity”. Sometimes I wonder, how the old sayings always relate to human emotions and the way of living. I remembered an old saying “Too much bitterness is poison”. It has a beautiful life meaning in it. The things we have should be in limit like Food, Clothes, expenses, etc. Likewise, Positivity should also be in control.
Being positive is the most important thing in every human life. But too much of positivity brings so much unnoticed psychological changes in humans’ minds. Humans are made with many flaws like anger, depression, anxiety, jealousy, and resentment. Positivity is not controlled by human emotions, it should be to overcome all the flaws in a positive way, not by compressing them. Just like anything done in excess, when positivity is used to cover up or silence the human experience, it becomes toxic. By disallowing the existence of certain feelings, we fall into a state of denial and repressed emotions. It makes us to take all the things as like “For Good purpose only”. If we are always positive and cheerful, then there are no feelings that exist on human emotions other than positive.
Toxic Positivity — How it defines
For example, if you face any loss, people around us confront with saying “Be positive” and “Happens for reason”, it is not the right thing actually. Being positive is the way to find a solution other than breaking down from the problem. When we are always focused on being positive, we fail to understand the other human emotions in their point of view. It always makes us feel good and make our escape from the bad situation without experiencing it. If It happens for a long time, It will make the human emotionless and made humans as Robots with positive thoughts.
Signs of Toxic Positivity
These are some general signs are Toxic Positivity:
1. Controlled emotions — if you want to cry let it be, don’t suppress it with positive thoughts.
2. It makes us escape from the problem other than facing it. Without problems, we can’t find a solution.
3. Making fun of other humans when they express their depressed feelings.
4. Hiding the emotions under mantras “Feel Good”, “Stay positive”, “Happens for a reason”.
5. Always finds Positive quotes to become positive without considering their own emotions and other persons’ emotions.
6. Feeling guilty for their own emotions.
How to Overcome Toxic Positivity
1. Always celebrate your failures, because trying is better than being in a safer Zone.
2. Controlling emotions will never make you positive, under your emotion and make a choice for it. Experience every emotion. Human is a bundle of Positives and Flaws.
3. Never hide your emotion from the other person, because we can connect with people more with emotions.
4. Emotions are the sign language; sometimes it explains more than words do.
5. It is ok to be not punctual, not presentable, sometimes tensed, and not be perfect always.
6. Never find positivity in others’ quotes, it makes you positive for some time but your own makes sense.
7. Always be the real you, It makes you more proud when you see the real you in the mirror other than the bundle of positive quotes by others.
Positive is also an Emotion, Don’t exaggerate it!!!
Choose the emotion wisely and experience every pinch of it!!!
A happy human is always better than a Perfect human!!! Be the real you perfectly!!!!