To work in the morning or at night?
Did I mention I’m not a morning person?
The past few weeks I’ve found myself waking up at 6 a.m., struggling to keep my eyes open and then passing out at 7 a.m. after doing all my time-sensitive tasks.
However, when I wake up again around 10 or 11 a.m. I have a nice chunk of work done that I don’t have to worry about anymore. In the Philippines I’m awake and caffeinated by the time the sun rises on the East Coast. However, sometimes I stay up until 3 or 4 a.m. getting work done.
I can’t figure out which scenario I like better, so I put together this list. Help me add to it if you have some time to comment :)
Working early in the morning
- I get a lot of stuff done
- I don’t have to rush at the end of the day
- More time in the afternoon and evening to explore and hang out
- Sunlight makes me more productive
- I seem to be generally the most productive 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- I am SO not a morning person
- I have to put ice on my eye lids to make myself wake up (pro tip)
- I drink two extra cups of coffee a day
Working in the evenings
- I can sleep in
- I’m not working while groggy
- In Manila, the Internet is typically faster in the middle of the night
- I’m used to staying up late, so on weekends out with friends I don’t pass out by 2 a.m.
- I’m thinking about work all day
- My sleeping schedule gets flipped occasionally
- It’s less healthy
What do you think?
Get the full story of my 2-month remote working trip on my website.