New Year Same Me
Quick list of 15 things I accomplished and 16 new things to help me keep track for the new year.
- Moved out to San Francisco, literally the last place on earth I thought I’d end up
- Lived it up in Chicago and got crazy close with two of my homies John and David. Had some of the greatest memories here…
- Got a job at Google
- Saw Justin Bieber
- Stopped focusing so much on how to make sure people liked me and learned to enjoy myself and started doing things for my own good
- Finally bought my parents some legit Christmas presents with my own money
- Accepted the harsh reality that I will never become a professional basketball player and I only have myself to blame
- Had THE best Korean Olympics performance to date. Finally won a game which has never happened in Michigan history
- Grew up faster than I could have ever imagined
- Learned the importance of being open minded and less prideful. The importance of God in my life
- Ended a 3 year relationship
- Continued to follow my gut with important decisions
- Got yatted… just kidding but I did get 3 tattoos
- Realized that I have the greatest friends in the world and our relationship is going 14+ years strong.
- Also realized that I have to start saving money for the 10+ weddings I will have to attend in my near future….
- Do not be afraid to make mistakes when working/trying new things
- Do one thing that scares me every month
- Finish 2 books a month
- Learn something useful
- Read my bible and grow in faith
- Go out of my way to meet new people and make more friends
- Blog…. More….
- Go on a trip alone
- Visit New York, Boston, Seattle, Portland, LA.
- Lift a total of 1000 pounds (Deadlift, Squats, Bench)
- Call my parents and friends more
- Never hit the snooze button
- Using a physical calendar more to accomplish goals
- Hike more and also alone
- Stop being afraid of rejection and going for things that I like/want to try without hesitation
- Most importantly slowing down and taking the time to appreciate God/Family/Friends