10 Struggles Introverts Can Relate To
- Eager for an invite to the party, but never plan on going.
We know we were never going, but the invite made us feel special!
- Awkward greetings.(from @heyyjessaylou)
Do you go for the hug? Handshake? Or just a casual wave? Then you beat yourself up for the rest of the day because you intercepted the hug with a handshake.
- “Let’s go around the room and introduce ourselves”.
How about we cut ourselves with rusty razor blades and set ourselves on fire after? No thank you!
- Sharing a hilarious (in mind) joke, and no one laughs.
Then I promise to myself that I will NEVER speak again.
- Seeing someone you know at the grocery store.
All those ninja training videos on I watched on YouTube are finally coming in handy!
- Extensive mental preparation for a simple phone call.
I party like I just graduated college after hanging up. We deserve to celebrate the small wins, right?
- When someone can’t spend 2 seconds without talking.
Dude, can’t you see I’m also busy talking to myself too? It’s hard to multi-task.
- Having to explain why you’re busy this weekend doing “nothing” to your friends.
“I don’t want to explain myself. I just need some time to myself.” is what I SHOULD’VE SAID before I got forced to go out with them!
- Asking for extra condiments.(from @maheswari_rout)
Another reason why to have friends. Have them ask for you!
- Seeing someone you really want to talk to but can’t.
There are so many people that I’ve wanted to speak to but couldn’t. It’s your fault really — you should’ve read my mind that I wanted to talk to you.
Leave a comment below and share some struggles! I’d love to read them!