MONASTIC INNOVATIONS — UPDATING READING, MODELING, WRITING to be More Computational, Biologic, Evolutionary, Multi-Cultural
Well suppose how we read, hear, order inputs in our minds, write, speak, output messages for others — were ALL thousands of years old = had not been updated for centuries. Well?
Yep, that is right — that is what we now have — the foundations of ALL our mental work each hour of each day are millenia old, not updated in centuries.
So we can do all sorts of clever Harvard courses, 6 week long residential software app bootcamps, matriculations at Singularity and Minerva U — but ALL of that is practice in, founded on, repetitions of ancient opaque, slow, errorful media and interfaces of thought.
Consider this — prose is such a BAD INTERFACE that people who are good at finding points hidden in its anonymous-looking strings of words, get into our top colleges! Imagine an interface so bad that people able to use it well become elites of populations of hundreds of millions! Prose is THAT BAD and we practice it dozens of times per hour every hour of our lives.
THOUGHT EXPERIMENT — try on the following, what would all thought and work and living be like IF:
- we replace reading points that interest us in prose with reading the geometries of points in text, that is, all the points (number of, names of, ordering of, layers of) and the layers of context that give words 90+% of their meaning
- we replace ordinary discussing with Stratified Responding where each layer of noticing, feeling, recalling associations, interpreting, deciding is done by all in group before moving onto the next layer = we learn the differing recalled associations that make words mean different things for different people
- we replace brainstorms that suffer from too early focus on the first idea population with a loud mouthed faction and ideas that pass in the night without interacting with Social Design Automata where groups of six all get the same initial idea and apply different six step design algorithm steps to it every 2 minutes to it to get different results that accumulate in piles of 30 to 60 after 90 minutes of work — compare designs made up of interacting ideas not mentions of ideas
- we replace courses and work processes with fast diverse large mass workshop events where in-parallel teams use expert protocols to produce outputs that combine into impressive overall results
- we replace meetings with Scientific Rules of Order where all attending lead some group-decided handling of some group-decided topic groups, so each meeting grows the leadership of all attending not the “ego masquerading as leadership” of some big mouth male up front
- and 13 more.
THE ANSWER TO THE ABOVE IS BUY-ABLE AT AMAZON.COM — just use the link — — amazon.com/author/richard-tabor-greene
This is called MONASTIC INNOVATIONS — changes in the most heavily used and repeated hourly foundations of thought — things we never contemplate upgrading.
WHAT IF such foundations of thought became: more computational, more biologic, more evolutionary, more multi-cultural — like our world has become?
The figure above is a NEW BOOK about a NEW BASIS OF THOUGHT — where we go BEYOND EVERY FACULTY MEMBER OF HARARD — every single one — in power of thought in 20 dimensions.
The methods — six of them in this book — came from 3 sources. ONE is an MIT study under Chomsky of top 20 Harvard and MIT faculty and how their thinking differed from average faculty thinking there. Another is a study of 8000+ eminent people from 41 nations and 63 professions for who is best in your field, how did they become best, what capabilities distinguish them from average persons in that field. 54 routes to the top of every field were found and ONE was people at the top by “out-thinking” others. 150 at the top this route were interviewed again for details about their thinking methods, tools, facilities, approaches. Those results form this book’s content. Third is 82+ of the world’s top designers given every 45 second interviews of what is on their mind while doing actual design projects. Analysis of common creativity operators used by each designer and shared across designers resulted in tools in this course.
The book is 277 pages in 3 sections — a general intro with lots of prose explanation, a middle section of all the slides of main points with short prose notes for each slide explaining it and how to use it, and a third section of just the slide alone, blown up big for reader use in teaching others. At the very end three tools from a larger book on 33 tools for Creativity Leadership are briefly introduced to whet reader appetites for that larger book.
Above are three slides out of 160 in the book. They give you a flavor of the density of idea and novelty of idea in the book as a whole.
At the time of this writing THIS BOOK IS THE ONLY PUBLISHED WORK on a new world of thought that is being sold this year to EVERY HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGE FRESHMAN CLASS in CHINA by Detao Masters Academy in the form of an Online Onsite course by Richard Tabor Greene and in the form of an MOOC by Future Learn by Richard Tabor Greene.
You want to think 100 times better than the best Harvard or MIT professor — it CAN be done and it can be done in less than six months of practice.