There are many projects worldwide that offer various benefits for everyday human life. One of them is Storichain. On this occasion, I will explain a little about a project in the Storichainthat is very helpful for everyday life. Previous, What is a Storichain? Storichain is a global project that provides a partially decentralized dApp and a shared protocol for the story industry to solve the problems of the story industry through blockchain characteristics. The term ‘Story Industry’ refers to the industry which uses ‘stories’ as a source of their products and includes areas such as movies, dramas, web novels, web dramas, plays, musicals, and radio dramas.
Storichain can be seen as a digital historical asset management system that allows people to make online transactions even with unreliable people by entering into “agreements to prevent theft of ideas”. Another problem in industry is the problem of profit sharing. For example, the webtoon industry, which is one of the largest plot-based industries in Korea, has exceeded $ 700 million in market size, but there are still many who doubt the structure of profit sharing in the industry, as well as in many materials. Content creators still have difficulty getting enough compensation for their work. In this occasion, I will going to demonstrate how the Storichain Project will use certain blockchain characteristics to solve the problems in the story industry, and what kind of added value it will create during the process.
We should understand that the blockchain is crucial for the Storichain project. Simplification of content and stories distribution and also effectiveness in monetization process is one of the reasons why blockchain technology needs to be adopted in story writing and publishing industries. Therefore, the reasons why the Storichain Project uses Blockchain can be defined as the following:
- Storing the ‘activity metrics’
- Storing data of the ownership (copyright) transfer of the story
- Storing the terms and conditions of payment
Problems in the story industry that is hard to be solved without Blockchain
- Contract for ‘Story Idea Creation’ between trustless individuals (non-facing)
- Contract for ‘Transaction of Intellectual Property of Stories’ between trustless individuals (non-facing)
- Confidence of the payment of writing fees for the author, based on monitoring results
- Measurement of asset value based on story creation and monitoring results
- Multilateral agreements, notary, and copyright trading based on measurement results
- Proving the efforts put into the work based on contribution history
- Online, non-facing creative activities
Storichain has watched the blockchain technology securing the trust among participants, and expanding its boundaries to unforeseen territories. Blockchain provides trust beyond borders and ideologies, helping many industries to simplify the problems they have faced in the past and providing new solutions. The Storichain is seeking to introduce blockchain into the story industry to create a world where all participants can feel satisfaction while taking their part of the responsibility. To implement this philosophy step by step, we will now pinpoint the current problems of the industry to find new solutions. Storichain will use public blockchain to notarize and store the participants’ contracts related to story IP and other story-based contents. The tokens used to guarantee the reliability of data processing and trust of the public blockchain will play a role that maximizes the effectiveness of the Storichain web application service by operating as a trust medium that enables story creators/producers/and readers to keep their promises related to contract conditions.
In order to present a detailed solution, the problems of each agent who is participating in the story industry must be identified first. Although there are many agents within the industry, Storichain has simplified it into 3 big groups: Storytellers, Readers, and Producers.
Unfair contract in which the original story creator loses all rights over the derivative work.
- A lack of quantitative evidence to receive proper compensation in a case when excess revenue is generated.
- Difficulty to find and match other creators for collaboration. Difficult to measure the contribution rate of each creator in case of collaboration.
- Risk of idea theft when the content creator posts his content online for feedbacks.
- When collaboration occurs among creators of various fields (writer, illustrator, translator, sound directors, etc.), it is difficult to share future profits with confidence.
- Storing and proving the contributions to the writing through side chains and main net (BC)
- Code-based contribution/revenue tracking from creation to distribution
- A Pre-built Creative Smart Contract Kit (BC)
- Collaborator Recommending service through AI
- Airdrops in case of profit realization through story (character exposure, IP sales, coupon exposures, etc.) (BC)
- Composition of story materials (plot, worldview, characters, character personality, etc.)
- Receiving/Selecting stories and ideas from others (BC)
- A Private/Public creation tool for multi-lateral real-time collaboration
- SMART NDA: Allows Stori IP transactions without reading the story content. Non-facing contract after guaranteeing antiplagiarism and confidentiality. (BC)
- While there are offline secondhand bookstores, there is no such service for web novels. Many readers cannot know if the web novel fits their taste before purchasing the content. So, in case they find out that the web novel does not fit their taste after the purchase, they cannot do anything about it. (BC)
- Many people who have a shameful experience in the past, which is still fun and entertaining enough to become a story, could not tell or sell their experience to others without having their personal information being protected. (BC)
- Story consumers have no opportunity to benefit through their consumption of story contents economically.
- Readers cannot read interesting amateur scripts (that has not gone through professional editing or rewriting) through mobile while they are commuting.
- Readers often want to enjoy story contents that are made in a video form rather than a text-based story.
- Readers often have the urge to make changes in a story to improve the overall quality of the story. (BC)
- When the readers make various contributions to the story (webtoon, web novels, scripts, posts, movie reviews, etc.) by writing reviews or recommending it to others, they are not rewarded for their activity. Still, the platform uses their contributions to marketing. (BC)
- Moving Story — Storimation
- Reaction Button
- Material for storytelling
- Episode Selling
- Absence of quantitative data (reaction from the target audience, reviews about the narrative of each scene) for financing the production.
- Must pay in advance to a writer who does not have a successful track record, good reputation within the industry, etc.
- Hard to find a domestic/foreign resale market for copyrights that have been buried due to delays in production.
- Hard to secure a well-polished script that is investable.
- Encouragement based on additional compensation + payment of writing fees based on monitoring results (BC)
- Reduced translation costs based on Smart Contracts (BC)
- Reduced agency fees during script transactions (BC)
- Funding for derivative work that are based on highly-reviewed scripts during monitoring (BC)
- Simulated casting (emoticon actor) [송1]
- Acquire Rights of First Negotiation of copyright (BC)
- Fund Raising with Smart Contract
Application Layer A web application for the user to create, consume, trade, and fund story contents.
Middle Layer Provision of a third party support development kit for the story industry businesses. The service layer providesthe expansion of the Storichain the dApp and contribution to the story industry.
Blockchain Layer Decentralization, token management, evaluation of contribution, settlement, coded contracts.
Token Allocaton & Distribution
Initial Supply : 4,000,000,000 TORI
Characteristics by token issuance pool Team Pool:
- Team compensation (Lock-up : 2 Years after listing)
- Advisor Pool: Advisor compensation (Lock-up : 1 Year after listing)
- Marketing: Paying community marketing fees / Airdrop compensation
- Production Pool: Partner Production companies (Lock-up: 6 months after listing)(1/36 vasting)
- Company Pool: Owned by the operating corporation
- Reserved Pool: In case a governing issue occurs, can be issued max 3 times/year.
- Eco Pool: A pool that is only recharged / air dropped / compensated by the Smart Contract. A portion of the inflated pool will be recharged into this pool.
- AirDrop Pool : Bounty for community building event
- Initial Sale : Sale and distribution by exchanges
- Sale B : Sale on notice when complete our goals such as Beta Service Launching
- Sale C : Investment attraction pool for institues which contribute to Storichain.
1 TORI = around 0.0034~0.0035USD
Initial Sale : 600,000,000 TORI
Sale B : 420,000,000 TORI
Sale C : 360,000,000 TORI
All unallocated supplies for each sale will be transferred to the next sales stage and will be locked up for one year. In case of Sale B, the project must reach meaningful management figures such as Beta Launching to qualify for sale after public disclosure to the community.
Junes Lee Co-Founder & CEO
Jung Yoon-cheol> CCO (Film Diriector)
Choi Jin-young> CTO
Kim Sang Wook> CSO (Developer)
Han Sang Hoon (copyright, media and intellectual property)
Choi Mi-ki> CBO (Business Operator)
James Lee> Chief Engineer (co-founder)
Yang Tae Suk> Accountant
Effy Song> Communication Director
Kim Chang-gyu> SF Novel Writer
Kcod Kyung> Developer
Hong Ye Choi
Jeong Hoon> Business Strategy
Park Sang-joon> Content Strategy Maker
Lee Chang-ho> Movie director
Lee Myung Sung> Consultant
Park, Sung Jun> Dongguk University Cryptology Center, Block Cranes Research Center
Kim Jong-yoon> Movie producer
Jung Hee-won> CEO AnySign Lawyer
Dong Hyun> Block Chain Expert
Shakil Muhammad> Block Chain Expert
For More Information:
Website : https://storichain.io/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/storichain
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/storichain
Medium : https://medium.com/storichain
My Bitcointalk Profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=2577013