Long Overdue: Thank You
I’m thankful for a lot of things, I really am. I just don’t always express how grateful I am. It’s probably one of my worst qualities. Don’t get me wrong, I say “thank you” on the daily; I say “thank you” when my friends help me, I say “thank you” when someone holds the door open for me, I say “thank you” to teachers at the end of class, but it’s the seemingly small things I take for granted.
- My Mom: thank you for being the only person I can get angry at one minute and share my strangest thoughts with the next minute without having to worry about judgment.
- Nature: thank you for allowing me to use your precious resources for my enjoyment and giving me an escape when I have no where else to go.
- Clean Water: thank you for sustaining my life and being accessible right in my own home.
- Bikes: thank you for getting me from Point A to Point B since I still can’t legally drive a car.
- Caffeine: thank you for wiring me up on the countless nights I have to pull through for school. #starbucksforlyfe
- Books: thank you for showing me that there are worlds beyond superficial imagination.
- Deodorant: thank you for…well, I think everyone is thankful for deodorant, and we all know why.
- Imagination: thank you for giving me the power to envision the “what if’s”, the “one day’s”, and the “unknowns”.
- Writing: thank you for giving me the ability to express myself in ways I deemed impossible.
- Snooze Buttons: thank you for giving me an excuse to throw my phone across the room out of annoyance…and saving me from oversleeping, I guess.
- Snail Mail: thank you for brightening up my days and adding variety to the otherwise bland, college letters in my mailbox.
- Genuine Conversation: thank you for bona fide communication in a world filled with mindless banter.
- Dogs: thank you for being man’s best friend and possibly the only creatures to be as excited to see me as I am to see you.
- Laughter: thank you for being that strange sound that exits my mouth during euphoric situations and for occasionally leading me to believe I developed abs.
- Pain: thank you for existing and proving that pain must be felt to appreciate joy.
- Tears: thank you for expressing my emotions so eloquently when words fail me.
- Cameron: thank you for allowing me to freeze time and capture moments I’ll forever cherish.
- Eyes: thank you for allowing me to have vision, giving me the liberty to see the world and the people in it as colorful, complex creatures who can’t be classified into a single category of the visible spectrum because your blind spot has proven to me that we all have untold stories, none of which are simply one color but rather a mixture of multiple colors.
- Adele’s Hello: thank you for stirring up emotions I didn’t know I harbored and making me feel like I just went through a break-up myself.
- Life: thank you for giving me the opportunity to experience all of the things I am thankful for.