Email Marketing Tips to Perfection
#1. Create a Contextual Content Offer
- Have an opt-in box for customers, but have an upgrade for your content.
- Create a blog post, create a document with a headline on the top promising a gift, then lock this content into a firewall.
- Place your opt-in in the right location and have thank you pages.
#2. Convince Readers to Subscribe
- You should inform readers why they should subscribe and give them a few good reasons.
- Use reader’s comments and show an example email.
- Use social proof of your followers and etc.
- Inform your readers about how often you will post.
#3. Create a Resource Hub
- Make a list of the top issues in the industry.
- Make a list of your best content that addresses the above issues.
- Setup a a separate page that identifies the issues.
- Add another opt-in page at the bottom of the page that offers readers the option to stay updated on the issues, and sign up for additional information.
#4. Use Contests and Giveaways
Make it unique and put a catch in the contest to help your industry.
- Offer a reward.
- Get participants for the reward.
- Share the giveaway and the person with the most shares have the highest chance of winning.
- Choose the winner.