What is needed for the #AWS SysOps Associate Certification exam, some valuable resources we have used to prepare.
AWS SysOps Certificate is one of the Associate AWS certificates which can be taken. Our company follows the plan outlined below when it comes to the certification of our DevOps Engineers. There are many ways to learn about this exam but here we can follow our vision.
AWS Certification Pyramid
You can find more information about all AWS certificates on their site.
- Associate — Demonstrate your technical skills
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- AWS Certified Developer
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator
2. Specialty — Validate technical skills in key areas
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking
- AWS Certified Big Data
3. Professional — Advanced AWS technical expertise
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- AWS Certified DevOps
All associate level exams are with around 40 questions and you have about 90 minutes to complete them. All professional exams are with 80 questions for 180 min. Keep in mind that you have multiple choice and multiple answer questions. Prerequisite for all Professional certificate is Associate from the same topic.
Official information for SysOps Certificate from AWS
Let’s start with the first part of the certification process. Let’s say I want to take an AWS Certified SysOps Administrator — Associate certificate. The very first thing we do is to check exactly what we need to know from AWS so we can take the exam.
I will explain my point of view on how to pass it.
Check the relevant information
First I look up the AWS Certification section and what is the necessary knowledge to get their certificates. I want SysOps Administration so let’s check it out. This exam validates technical expertise about deployment, management and operations on the top of the AWS platform. The candidate for this exam should have one or more year experience operating with AWS based applications. Most of the people in AWS community think that this is the hardest certificate in the Associate level.
AWS have a documentation for everything. They have a document in which you can reference the full details for the exam — blueprint.
- Read the book for AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Read whitepapers — the following whitepapers will be very helpful for this exam but you can view all of them here
- Architecting for the Cloud: AWS Best Practices
- AWS Security Best Practices
- Amazon Web Services: Overview of Security Processes
- AWS Well-Architected Framework
- Development and Test on AWS
- Backup and Recovery Approaches Using AWS
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud Connectivity Options
- How AWS Pricing Work
3. Read FAQs — the following FAQs will help you familiarize yourself with commonly raised questions and situations, but you can check all FAQs
- Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Route 53
- Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Simple Queue Service (SQS)
4. Watch video courses
6. Practice with dumps — You can find more providers about dumps, but I used Whizlabs
7. Take a Practice Exam — You can take a Practice Exam without using certification centers only for 20$ for all Associate exams.
8. Go to the AWS SysOps Certificate Associate Exam — Of course you should schedule the exam. You can click on following link to get started in the AWS Training and Certification Portal.
These are the steps which I am following to take my AWS SysOps Certificate Associate Exam. I am in the latest stage, and my exam is coming soon. So, fingers crossed that I’ll take it!