5 Easy Steps for Registered Nurse Resumes Writing
Resume for Registered Nurses and Why You Need One
The RN resume is a document that serves as a marketing tool for your nursing skills, training and professional education. It is a critical element that is essential to getting job interviews. Many nurses are intimidated by the resume writing process but it need not be difficult.
Creating Registered Nurse Resumes In Five Easy Steps
Approached correctly the process for writing resume for nurses with no experience need not be difficult and can be done in five steps.
Here is the five step process for creating a RN resume:
- Create Summary of Qualifications and Licenses and Certifications sections
- Write Your Nurse Summary of Qualifications Statement: A summary of qualifications explains your abilities relative to the job you are seeking. It should focus on those skills required for the position you are applying for that you possess. To ensure you focus on the correct skills make a complete list of all your skills. Make another list containing all the skills mentioned in the positions “job description”. Focus on the skills that appear on both lists.
- Create a Licenses and Certifications section. List each license and certification with the following information:
- Full name of the license or certification.
- Full name of the issuing body of the license or certification.
- Expiration date of the license or certification if applicable.
- License or certification number if applicable.
- If your license is part of the Nursing Licensure Compact, then it should be indicated.
- Provide your employment history. Use reverse chronological order. For each position you have held include:
- Position/title held
- Institution/organization worked at and its location
- Starting date and ending date
- Nursing description of your duties. An example is shown here
- Assessed patient statuses, vital signs, and labs and test results while communicating any changes or adjustments to Physicians, Therapists, Social Workers, and patient families.
- Wrote, implemented, and revised the Plan of Care for each resident and performed necessary interventions to achieve patient goals.
- Performed three daily initial admission assessments and confirmed medication orders with the Physician.
- Initiated each new admission care plan and modified ongoing care plans as needed based on patient diagnosis and priorities.
- Provided bedside, toileting, and incontinence care while attending to patient needs.
- Create an Education section. For each college/university attended include:
- Full official name of the education institution.
- City and State
- Dates attended.
- Degree achieved.
- Volunteer Experience. Add any nursing volunteer experience into your nursing resume. Include the following information for each experience:
- The timeframe of the experience. (month and year — month and year)
- The name of the organization volunteered through.
- The type of volunteering you did.
- The amount of hours you spent there.
- Create a nursing technical skills section: This nursing technical skills section will contain a list of all the equipment, methods, and skills you have used as a nurse. This allows anybody reading your resume to quickly see if you have familiarity with certain processes or specialties. Many of these are also terms and keywords resume scanning software looks for which improves that chances you resume will get selected.
These five steps can easily be adapted for an entry level registered nurse resume. To do the just remove the section for employment history created in step two. Leave everything else as is and move the education section up to replace the employment section. Add your clinical rotations to step three and that’s it. Steps 1, 4 and 5 never change. Now place your name and contact information at the top and it is ready to go. If you are a bit confused about creating a nursing resume our service can help.
Resume Writing Help with Our Service
Our nursing resume writing services can assist you if you need help. The writers we use are skilled professionals with extensive experience working on nursing resumes. They can provide you with a completely original nursing resume tailored to meet your specific requirements. Whether you need NICU or PACU RN resume with their knowledge of nursing and the application process your resume can be targeted to the specific position you wish to apply for greatly increasing the chances of attracting the attention of the employer you want. Additional reasons for using our service include:
- Guarantee of full customer satisfaction with all work we provide
- Fair and reasonable rates with no hidden costs
- Easy online order and payment process
- Live customer support 24/7