When you’re incorporating a business, there are legal processes and documentation necessary that can overwhelm if you’re juggling multiple responsibilities. But, choosing the wrong online LLC service provider can mean severe penalties.
In this review, we break down Rocket Lawyer’s incorporation services, legal services, attorney advice, and benefits over other online services so you can decide if this is the right option for you.
- Differentiated features — Its intuitive form builder and Document Defense services are not offered by competitors. It also offers online legal advice and services in addition to the usual business formation services.
- Highly experienced — Rocket Lawyer has over 12 years of experience and has helped thousands of businesses with legal matters.
- Excellent customer service — Customer support is accessible via phone, email and chat, and responses are prompt.
- 7-day free trial — You can try out their service for 7 days before making a decision, but you will need to provide credit card details.
- Good customer reviews — Rocket Lawyer has stellar customer reviews to back up the quality of its services.
- The membership plan is more expensive than competitors — The company charges $39.99/month even though it offers more services. For comparison, Legal Zoom charges $31.25/month (annual plan) and LegalShield charges $39/month.
- No continuity for legal advice — If you want to speak to the same lawyer who gave you advice previously, you won’t be able to do so. You’ll have to speak to the next lawyer assigned and brief them about your case.
Rocket Lawyer Features & Services
Rocket Lawyer was founded in 2008 and since then has become one of the best and fastest-growing companies in the business incorporation and legal services industry.
Rocket Lawyer provides services beyond business formation as it has also offered both legal and incorporation services for more than 20 million businesses worldwide. Still, the company remains dedicated to helping small business owners with affordable and high-quality business filing and legal documentation.
Here are some of Rocket Lawyer’s features that make them one of the most popular companies to use for business formation.
Rocket Lawyer Pricing
Rocket Lawyer does not have an all-inclusive pricing plan that you can subscribe to for its legal services. Instead, you will have to pay individually for the services you need.
Here are some of the features and services available on Rocket Lawyer’s platform and their price tag for members and non-members:
For a $39.99/month membership fee, clients can avail of the following services:
- Create custom legal forms
- 30-minute phone session with an attorney
- Online Q&A with an attorney
- Document Defense for legal documents
- Up to 40% off regular rate when you hire an on-platform attorney
- Form an LLC, Corp or nonprofit with the first business formation for free (excluding state fees)
- 25% discount for registered agent service
Non-members will have to pay the following for each service:
- $39.99 per document to create custom legal forms
- $59.99 per 30-minute phone consultation with an attorney
- $49.99 per question for online Q&A with an attorney
- $9.99 per document for Document Defense
- $99.99 to form an LLC, Corp or nonprofit
- $149.99 per year for registered agent service
Rocket Lawyer pricing depends on whether you’re a member or not. If you need incorporation or legal services just once, you may not need to pay the $39.99 monthly membership fee. Otherwise, you may want to become a member to enjoy a range of services and features that are either free or discounted.
Intuitive Form Builder
Rocket Lawyer has an intuitive form builder for creating custom legal contracts and legal documents. You only need to answer a few questions about your business to build legal forms. For better understanding, a series of explanations on the law in your chosen state pops up as you answer the questions.
This feature offered by Rocket Lawyer works together with legal forms. If any other company disputes the validity or doesn’t comply with the custom contract you created, an attorney will come to your aid to defend the legal document.
Free Trial & Money Back Guarantee
Unlike many other business formation services, Rocket Lawyer offers you an opportunity to try their service for free for seven days without obligation to purchase. If you eventually become dissatisfied with their service after purchase, Rocket Law also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Note though that this LLC business formation company requires you to provide your credit card details before you can access the free trial. This is one of the issues that customers have complained about. Many people who forgot to unsubscribe after the free period ended up getting billed monthly.
If you want to try the free-trial plan but don’t want to become a premium member yet, ensure that you cancel your account on the website. You can also contact customer support.
One-time Purchases Offered by Rocket Lawyer
As stated above, Rocket Lawyers offers individual services for those who need a service just once. However, it also offers a one-time purchase of all its legal services in the form of a monthly subscription-based model.
Therefore, instead of spending over $300 (excluding state fees) to enjoy all services and features on the platform, you only have to pay a monthly subscription fee of $39.99.
Rocket Lawyer offers excellent customer support via phone call, email, and live chat. You can ask questions online and get prompt responses from an experienced representative. If you’re a member, you can also avail of a 30-minute phone session with a lawyer.
Rocket Lawyer has “on-call” attorneys of different specialties whose sole duty is to answer questions posted by clients. This is a huge advantage to small business owners who just want their legal issues resolved without spending on various resources.
Customer reviews are another strength for Rocket Lawyer. The company has plenty of reviews online, and a majority of them are positive thanks to excellent customer service.
Online Legal Advice
Rocket Lawyer provides services beyond just business formation. You can also take advantage of other legal services like filing a trademark application  and creating a contract from Rocket Lawyer. If you’re a small business owner looking for ongoing legal advice from an attorney after your business incorporation, Rocket Lawyer is a good choice.
Ease of Use
Rocket Lawyer has a very friendly user interface. You can easily manage your business filing paperwork and other necessary legal documentation at a glance. Rocket Lawyer even makes recommendations based on your business type.
The platform also provides a digital signature service to easily and quickly create enforceable contracts for your business. You will also receive guidance and legal help through each decision point. It’s possible for you to build a form within five minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Rocket Lawyer really free?
No, Rocket Lawyer is not really free in the long term. You get to test the services for free for 7 days before deciding to opt-in for the monthly-based membership plan. You would only be able to get legal help after you pay or subscribe.
Is Rocketlawyer legit?
Yes, Rocket Lawyer is legit as it has over 12 years of experience forming thousands of businesses. It also has many positive online reviews. Some of the ratings it has received are a 4 out of 5 rating from Sitejabber, 9.7 out of 10 rating from Trustpilot, 4.8 out of 5 rating from ConsumerAffairs and 3.9 out of 5 rating from Better Business Bureau.
How do I cancel Rocket Lawyer?
You can cancel Rocket Lawyer by contacting a customer support agent at (877) 881–0947 during normal business hours. You can also send an email to customer support to cancel your membership or cancel your membership via your profile on their website.
Are Rocket Lawyer documents legal?
Yes, Rocket Lawyer documents are legal documents.
Rocket Lawyer Review Conclusion
Rocket Lawyer offers a competitive LLC formation service with lots of differentiated features at affordable pricing and excellent customer service. One of its key advantages is that it offers legal services in addition to business formation services if your business requires it.
You can also take advantage of the 7-day trial to find out if the services will be useful for your business.