The Daily Thistle — News From Scotland

Wednesday 12th September 2018

“Madainn Mhath” …Fellow Scot, I hope the day brings joy to you…. I had to put a rain jacket on this morning to walk with Bella, light sprinkles were falling as we left the house, we stopped on the hill going towards the hermitage and took some shelter under the arbor of trees, their foliage preventing the rain from soaking us, no much to see this morning save for two ferial cats under a bush taking shelter… the coffee tasted good when I got home, and Bella I hear you ask, sound asleep on my foot, one of my pleasures of life…

THREE ARRESTED AFTER FIGHT FOLLOWING MOTORBIKE CRASH…. Three people have been arrested after a fight broke out following a crash involving a number of motorbikes. The collision occurred at around 4.30pm on Saturday on the A98 road near Cullen, Moray.
Police said nobody was seriously injured and described it as an “isolated incident”. Police Scotland inspector Neil Campbell said: “This was an isolated albeit concerning incident, given the time and location it occurred, as well as the number of people and vehicles involved. “I want to assure the public that this type of behaviour — which is certainly not common for the area — will not be tolerated.
“A small number of people sustained injuries however none life threatening.” Police are still working to identify everyone involved in the incident.

MORE THAN 40 FIREFIGHTERS BATTLE THREE WILDFIRES…. Crews were called to three separate grass fires in Aberdeen on Sunday night.
Emergency services were first called to The Gramps near Kincorth in Aberdeen at 8pm on Sunday. The flames could be seen for miles as firefighters tackled the blaze. Another gorse fire then broke out nearby on Tullos Hill before crews tackled a blaze near Royal Aberdeen golf course. A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said: “The incidents were all dealt with by 11am.
“We had ten firefighters at Tullos Hill and 24 at Kincorth. “We had nine on Links Road near the golf course. “There is still no word of what caused any of them.”

TWO ARRESTED AFTER HEROIN WORTH £350,000 SEIZED IN RAID…. Two men have been arrested after police seized heroin worth £350,000 from a property in Dundee. Two men, aged 35 and 30, have been charged with drugs offences following the haul.
Both are expected to appear at Dundee Sheriff Court on Monday. A report has been submitted to the Procurator Fiscal.
A Police Scotland spokesman said: “We are committed to reducing the tragic impact of drugs on individuals, families and communities in Scotland. “Through enforcement we actively target those individuals involved in serious and organised Crime including those concerned in the supply of drugs on our streets in Tayside. “We remain committed to keeping our communities safe and through partnership working, and with the support of local communities, we aim to make Scotland a safer place.
“If you have any concerns or information that could assist, please call 101.”

£20M PIPES TO BRING WATER TO 165,000 PEOPLE IN EDINBURGH…. Seven miles of new pipes are being installed to deliver clean drinking water to more than 165,000 people in Edinburgh and the Lothians. The pipes, which begin at the foot of the Pentland Hills, are being laid at a rate of around 75m per day. They will surge through practice trenches which date back to the First World War, with experts on hand to make sure any archaeological remains are located and recorded. Other challenges facing Scottish Water include digging a tunnel crossing under the busy A702 Biggar Road near Hillend. When completed, the £20m project will link Marchbank and Glencorse water treatment works. In future it could also be linked with water supplies across the south of Scotland.
Scott Fraser, Scottish Water regional corporate affairs manager, said: “It is exciting to see the start of this essential project to make the water supply for many of our customers more resilient. “As always, we thank everyone impacted by our works for their patience and understanding.”

NINETY CARS UP IN FLAMES IN MAJOR BLAZE AT AUCTION HOUSE…. Ninety cars went up in flames during a major fire at an auction house in West Lothian. The blaze broke out at Copart Used and Salvage Car Auctions in East Whitburn at around 2am on Saturday.
No buildings were affected but the cars are believed to have been left badly damaged. Twenty firefighters battled the blaze for around three-and-a-half hours, bringing it under control at around 6am. The cause of the fire is under investigation. A spokeswoman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to the scene at 2.21am on Saturday. “Ninety cars were affected and we sent four engines with around 20 firefighters. “The cause of the fire is being investigated.”

On that note I will say that I hope you have enjoyed the news from Scotland today,

Our look at Scotland today is of Crofters moving sheep by boat from the Isle Of Skye Scotland

A Sincere Thank You for your company and Thank You for your likes and comments I love them and always try to reply, so please keep them coming, it’s always good fun, As is my custom, I will go and get myself another mug of “Colombian” Coffee and wish you a safe Wednesday 12th September 2018 from my home on the southern coast of Spain, where the blue waters of the Alboran Sea washes the coast of Africa and Europe and the smell of the night blooming Jasmine and Honeysuckle fills the air…and a crazy old guy and his dog Bella go out for a walk at 4:00 am…on the streets of Estepona…

All good stuff….But remember it’s a dangerous world we live in

Be safe out there…

Robert McAngus