Here is my take on what is going to happen in the next few decades to the China-Pakistan friendship, and CPEC without India interfering in any way —
- There is high unemployment and high uneducated levels in Pakistan and will get worse — why? Poor educational facilities, irrational and irrelevant curriculum based on religion which unsuitable for the modern technological driven world.
- Once CPEC is complete, where will the unemployed Pakistani’s move to? China of course!
- What will China do about these unemployable Pakistani’s moving to China? Don’t know…but there will be tensions between an atheist community and highly religious one.
- Terror attacks will become more frequent in China with growing unemployment and migration.
- China will realize its mistake in terms of terror attacks, low returns on investment or losses.