Touch Gesture to Start Screen Saver on Mac
With these gorgeous Aerial screen savers it is a shame just to lock your computer directly to black screen. Here is quick setup to start screen saver on a touch gesture:
- Download BetterTouchTool at http://www.boastr.net/downloads/.
- Run it, select ‘Trackpad’ on the top menu.
- Add new gesture, e.g. ‘5 Finger Click’.
- Assign action to ‘Open Application/File/Apple Script…’ in ‘Controlling Other Applications’ category.
- Select ‘/System/Library/CoreServices/ScreenSaverEngine.app’ in High Sierra (‘/System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app’ in previous versions).
Tip: Make sure you have selected to require password immediately after sleep or screen saver begins in the Security & Privacy section of System preferences.