What I Learned This Week, July 9–15, 2017
Here’s my wisdom and insight from the last week. Please enjoy and take pity on the state of my life.
- My procrastination fuelled chair groove dancing has never been more on point.
- The mosquitos this year have turned into vampire pigeons.
- Emphatically saying “Hola!” never fails to bring a smile to my face. It might be the greatest word in the history of everything. It’s also the only Spanish I know, which makes for some terribly confusing conversations.
- Watching the news is literally making me dumber.
- I’m quietly undermining my goals by continually defaulting to living small.
- If recently history is any sign, my current definition for a romantic dinner is sharing apple slices with my dog.
- Enjoying burpees is the fitness equivalent of the Stockholm syndrome.
- Impromptu day drinking is a lot of fun but it quickly turns into a race against time to get me lying down by 7pm before my entire body starts systematically shutting itself down.
- HOLA! … I dare you to scream it and not smile!
- No matter how old you are when you hear your parents say “hot and sultry” it’s impossible to not throw up in your mouth.