Popular Swift iOS Chart Libraries
The majority of iOS developers are either in the process of learning or now fully developing in Swift.
I wanted to do a quick round up of the three most highly rated Swift iOS Charts libraries on incrediblecode.com. These were chosen on popularity, the variety of charts and functionality.
A great place to start is the popular and aptly named Charts. Written in Swift for iOS, tvOS & OSX. It is worth noting however that the demo project is in Objective C.
This library gives us 8 different chart types:
Line, Bar, Combined, Pie, Scatter, Candlestick, Bubble & Radar
And lots of options such as
- Scaling on both axes (with touch-gesture, axes separately or pinch-zoom).
- Dragging / Panning with touch-gesture and combined-Charts (line, bar, scatter, candlestick, bubble).
- Customizable Axes (both x- and y-axis) and highlighting values (with customizable popup-views).
- Saving charts to camera-roll and export to PNG/JPEG. Legends are generated automatically but also customizable.
This is a highly customizable charts library for iOS including:
- Bar (plain, stacked, grouped, horizontal, vertical)
- Scatter, Line (straight/cubic/custom path generator)
- Area, bubble, multiple axes.
- Candle. Everything is customizable such as colors, views, units, labels, animations, interactions, axes, etc.
Creation of arbitrary markers is made easy with overlays, info views, etc.
It uses a modular architecture which should allow for easy creation of new chart types or to add effects.
It has some nice animations and supports:
- Scatter charts.
If you have any additions to this list please hit us up and let us know.