Where to start in the world NFT:
Nowadays, the flow of information around us exceeds our capacity to accept and absorb it, so to create an NFT, it is not necessary to be a professional IT specialist, the initial knowledge and desire to search, discover and create is enough. As e.g. a student from London created a full series of whales and submitted them as an NFT on one of the platforms, later buying them for a total of about $ 400,000 to the developer [ https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-58343062 ], or a 12-year-old American girl sold its drawings as an NFT for 1.6 million. USD [ https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-make-nfts-crypto-earnings-long-neckies-art-collection-2021-12 ]. The Vienna girl managed to turn her memus nft and sell them successfully [ https://www.marketwatch.com/story/disaster-girl-makes-over-430-000-selling-the-nft-of-her-meme-11619540211 . And these are not the only examples that have been increasing lately. The key to success is the knowledge and desire to create. Many things don’t happen not because we don’t know or don’t want to, but simply because we don’t know or don’t want to understand that every attempt, even if unsuccessful, still makes us improve and ultimately succeeds. There is nothing insurmountable, there is only fear and lack of knowledge that we must overcome. Learning and doing is our most important inner engine, and it must stop working. Therefore, in order to create your own NFT, you would need to:
- Choose an area where we would like to create something and turn it into an NFT.
The most common type of art among NFT authors is the visual arts. These can be not only paintings, but also rare calendars and press, photos. You can also token audio, video, 3D models. Any computer media that can be converted to PG, PNG, GIF, SVG, MP4, WEBM, MP3, WAV, OGG, GLB and GLTF formats (these formats are supported by the OpenSea platform, for example). In general, it can be anything that you think might be of interest to other users and it can be converted to digital format. However, the object of NFT can be not only digital objects, but also quite real objects. For example, by turning NFT objects into tokens, you can use them to sell your stamp collection, sculpture, or real picture. This practice is not yet widespread, but it will certainly change in the future.
- Create a f.e. Meta mask or other crypto wallet.
MetaMask [ https://metamask.io/ ] is a secure Ethereum wallet. It is completely free, allowing you to buy, sell and store tokens, including NFTs. The easiest way is to install it in a Chrome or Firefox plugin and then create a wallet. To do so, click the “Install MetaMask for Firefox” button (or Chrome if you’re using this browser). MetaMask is also available for Brave and Edge, so it’s up to you. Click the “Add to Firefox (or Chrome or Other)” button when the window for one of your browser gadgets opens. The principle of operation of all browsers is similar [example of one of the browsers here: [ https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/metamask ]]. After installing the application, you only need to create a wallet. To do this, click the “Start” button in the Metamask application. Then follow the MetaMask instructions. Be sure to write down the password somewhere (you will learn how to create and store passwords in another ITK module) that you have chosen for your account, as well as a passphrase that will help you regain access if your password is lost. Remember this security feature is very important, as MetaMask alerts you several times during the wallet creation process. Finally, the process is complete and you can work with your newly created account. However, many other block chains have recently joined NFT projects, including Tron, Tezos, Binance Smart Chain, and Polkadot. Well, and the choice of platform used depends on the type of block chain. Some platforms allow you to create tokens for NFT items for free if you don’t plan to sell them … or vice versa.
Trust Wallet help [ https://trustwallet.com/ ] is also available.
- Create an account on one of the NFT platforms.
OpenSea is one of the most exciting platforms for beginners. It uses the ERC-1155 standard and does not require any commissions for the development of NFTs. The only condition is that the token must not be created for sale. If you decide to put it on the market, you will not be able to do without commissions. They are deducted from the cryptocurrency wallet linked to the account and depend on the time of day. In this case, we will look at how this is happening in one of the largest, OpenSea [ https://opensea.io/ ], which is one of the largest NFT markets in the world. On the platform, you can create, collect, sell and buy NFTs. To get started, click the Create button on the OpenSea home page. You now need to connect your MetaMask Wallet to OpenSea. OpenSea also works with other wallets such as Coinbase Wallet, WalletConnect and Fortmatic, but MetaMask is the most common and easiest choice. So MetaMask is selected from the suggested list. A pop-up window will then appear on the right side of the browser window: you will need to follow the instructions in it to connect your wallet to OpenSea. When the process is complete, you will be on the OpenSea page for creating a new token.
There are also more platforms, such as Juggerworld, that allow the creation of irreplaceable tokens according to the BEP-721 or BEP-1155 standards. But if Ethereum uses OpenSea, it uses Binance Chain or another BCS-compatible wallet. The commission for an NFT is charged at the time of its creation and only then can the token be added to your collection and placed on the market. Or Treasureland, the main feature of this platform is that you do not pay any money for the creation of the NFT, even for its sale — all costs are borne by the buyer. While there is also its own specificity. If you decide to transfer the token to another person for free, you will have to pay a fee.
- For which NFT.
The upload form itself is very simple and clear:
- We must first load the media we want to load. Keep in mind that this should be no larger than 100 MB.
- Then come up with a name and enter it in the Name field.
- In the window below you can insert a link to your website or any other page — this information will be open to all users who view the created NFT.
- We can create a textual description of a work of art. This can be short multi-sentence text or extended formatted material using special web syntax (instructions for using markdowm syntax can be found here: https://www.markdownguide.org/cheat-sheet/ ).
- Since this is our first NFT, we are omitting the Collection field — we have not created any collections yet.
- The “Supply” field, ie the amount for which this token will be offered, is filled in automatically.
- There are only two options in the Blockchain field: Ethereum and Polygon. Since the Ethereum block chain is still the most common NFT, we leave it by default.
- Click the “Create” button after filling in all the fields.
- So we created our first NFT! And the whole process took less than 10 minutes.
- The new NFT can be viewed and edited in the OpenSea account you have created. Shows reviews and offers from interested NFTs that users interested in purchasing will make using the Make offer feature. The value of the new token will depend on the level of activity of the user’s interest.
- NFT for sale.
- To add a new NFT to the OpenSea Marketplace, click the Sell button in the upper right corner of the page. You will then be redirected to a list page. You’ll need to decide on a price here (it can be fixed, or you can choose the type of auction), and you can specify additional options. For example, reserve for a specific buyer. You can also select the term during which the token will be traded in OpenSea.
- When you have completed all the fields, click on the “Complete Listing” button.
- Please note that OpenSea charges a 2.5% commission on the amount of NFT sales. Therefore, in order to sell the token for the first time, we will first need to top up our deposit of 0.05 ETH (approximately $ 200 as of December 2021) or pay a minimum amount of 0.02 ETH ($ 80) (gas fee). This is required to activate your wallet OpenSea. No further charges will apply.
- The NFT will then be announced on the market and sold.
- One of the most important stages in the NFT sales process is the marketing of the work, which means that you have to actively promote it on various social networks such as. Instagram, Youtube with Meta and more. Also try to attract the support of celebrities who will only increase interest in the proposed NFT.
Once you have created or purchased an NFT, you can send it to another person. The corresponding feature is integrated into the most popular MetaMask and Trust Wallet wallets, but make sure the recipient uses the same type of wallet before sending. Just log in to the NFT section of your wallet and fill in all the required details after learning the correct address for your token type from the payee in advance. In other words, if your NFT has the ERC-721 standard, the input address must conform to the ERC-721.
The growing popularity of NFTs is gradually simplifying the creation and circulation of tokens, as is the case with all mass-produced products. And this process doesn’t depend much on the block chain platform you use. It doesn’t require any special knowledge, and in fact, users just need to get buyers interested in a potential project and a cryptocurrency wallet with a certain amount of virtual money. This is all you need to get into a promising NFT market.
There are currently various options available for creating your own NFT objects, such as. using mobile apps like Photure [ https://photure.app/ ] or NFT photo creator and the like [ https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-create-and-sell-nfts-iphone/ ] to do this becomes extremely straightforward. Oh and selling it can be done with a few clicks e.g. using [ https://nftgo.io/ ].