Meet Beth Comstock, the most senior woman at one of the world’s largest companies, GE
Beth Comstock is the Vice Chair of General Eletric and our guest in episode #19 of The Role Models Podcast.
At GE, she leads efforts to accelerate new growth. She operates GE Business Innovations, which develops new businesses, markets and service models; drives brand value and partners to enhance GE’s inventive culture. This unit includes Current, GE Lighting, GE Ventures & Licensing and GE sales, marketing and communications.
In this episode, Beth and I talk about what makes a good leader, how to learn to ask for help, how to embrace feedback, how to build a network — both internally and externally, how she defines success and how she decides to spend her time.
Follow Beth on:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/bethcomstock
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/elizabethjcomstock
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bethcomstock/
- Medium: https://medium.com/@bethcomstock
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ElizabethComstock/
Special thanks to our patrons on Patreon:
- Megan Quinn who supports Code2040: http://www.code2040.org
- Anna Caroline who coaches leaders in Berlin: http://truthcircles.com/
- Tim Herbig https://twitter.com/herbigt
- Johannes Kleske https://johanneskleske.com/
- Caoimhe Keogan https://twitter.com/caoimhekeogan
- Eileen Williams https://www.switchup.de/stromvergleich
If you want to help us create The Role Models Podcast in the future, become a patron and chip in $1, $3, $5, or $10 per episode. Read more about the different tiers and rewards on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/rolemodels