As a design strategist, I sometimes feel like people expect me to predict the future. While that’s not really a core part of what I do, I decided to give it a go with nine predictions about the state of User Experience in 2019.
- Designers don’t know what we should call ourselves.
- Designers who know how to code will insist that designers should code.
- Designers who don’t code will roll their eyes.
- User Stories will specify the solution, rather than the problem.
- Agile releases will have scope and release date defined prior to planning.
- Designers will rant about diversity and inclusion on Twitter without testing accessibility on their products.
- Flat design will be slightly less flat.
- Design tools will work together seamlessly, except for every time Sketch updates.
- Design tools will enable much richer interactions which will still feel awkward and foreign.
What are your predictions for the year ahead?
Originally published at romanbercot.com on January 22, 2019.