Learn How To Build: Astronomy Picture Of The Day App with NASA API and React + Redux
Indrek Lasn

Axios is not needed anymore. At all.

You could just use native Fetch API in pretty much every major browser (http://caniuse.com/#search=fetch — 75%) and can just polyfill it for the rest 25% (https://github.com/github/fetch).

It promise-based so workflow will be almost the same.

Also about this part:

We call the setState() method and pass in our state object.
If we console.log()our state, we should see the data!

We probably will because it’s fast enough, but it’s not guaranteed in all cases, since setState() is async (https://facebook.github.io/react/docs/react-component.html#setstate).

this.setState({data}, () => {console.log(this.state.data)}) is the right way to do so.