Resume Buzzwords You Should Use in 2017Importance of a resume
A resume can basically be defined as the means by which an employer is able to understand the potential employee. The recruiter may not have time to go through each word to figure out who the applicant is. It is at this stage that the style of writing a resume matters. Use of resume catch phrases is a way of getting the attention while giving the correct and vivid impression of who you are. Resume catch phrases give the impression of identity and are a convenient self-branding technique to the recruiters. An excellent resume will include a number items. Ranging from the language use, font use, the design and its legibility. These are additives to the skills and accomplishments and can also affect your career.
A good resume uses precise terminologies to showcase the experience and skills. Appropriate it resume buzzwords show uniqueness and quality as well. Other ways of enhancing your catchy words on a resume is by use of active words to describe your value. Also, relating the past experiences would benefit the target company. This is done by using action words such as enrich, generate and upgrade.
How good resume buzzwords can influence the perception of your resume
Buzzwords are words, or phrases created to give meaning to a popular idea that is shared by a specific group of people. They are common in business, politics and in the media. Many people will find it difficult to restrain themselves from using it resume buzzword which is overused. Buzzwords can influence the perception of the person reading your resume. Use of common it resume buzzword creates a picture of lack of creativity. A resume should convey your contribution to a position similar to the one you are applying for.
A good resume will engage the recruiter by using the right language and the appropriate set of buzzwords which creates an impression that you know how to express yourself perfectly. Considering that you are fighting for limited slots, you have to be at your best.
List of good resume buzzwords
The changing market demands and limited employment opportunities has forced recruiters to up their standards of what they think is an exemplary resume.. Some buzzwords have been termed as outdated and overused and they can be equally considered as obsolete. Some of these overused words are best of breed, go-getter, think outside the box, synergy, go-to person, thought leadership, value addition, results-driven, bottom line, dynamic, track record, detail-oriented and many more.
Instead many recruiters have found strong resume buzzwords like achieved, improved, trained, created, resolved, influenced, increased/decreased, volunteered, ideas, launched, revenue/profit, under-budget, won and many more to have created an enthusiasm to the recruiter. This is according to a CareerBuilder survey conducted online within the U.S.
Tips for creating a winning resume
A winning resume must fulfill a number of requirements. It is not just about writing, but coming up with a presentable piece that will make you stand a chance of being considered.
- Decide on the best format for the resume in context. This may involve you going through a number of resumes to see which best suits you.
- List your names, address, telephone number, cell phone number, email address so that it is easy to reach you.
- Write a personal profile that elaborates your persona well enough
- Have a section for education and experience. List your education in reverse chronological order. Begin with university if you attended or are attending presently and work your way backwards. List the name of your university, the dates you went there, your major and minor, and your grade points.
- Work experience where you state the name of the company, location, time you worked there, and the role you played or the position you held.
- Skills and achievements which is a list things you have accomplished and skills gained.
- Interests and Hobbies.
- References which will include people who have employed you or have seen your work and can recommend you.
A good resume must be grammatically correct, proof read, include all your details and must avoid clichés and ambiguity in wording. Writing resume is changing with the changing times and it is only the job seekers role to try and stay up-to date on what is happening. Through research, one will be able to understand what a company really want and what the recruiter expects on a resume. To understand more on the tips of writing a winning resume watch; If you need a flawless resume with good resume buzzwords, make sure you contact us and we will help you out.