Action Items: Russiagate Part 3 (Org4Change)
Week of the 6th of March 2017
By Rose Hook, Co-Founder of Org4Change / Activism Chair and
Donna Bardsley, Contributor / Activism Group
Table of Contents
Keep the Focus and HEAT ON #russiagate
- Contact your Senators and Representatives! Let them know you’re alarmed and concerned about Trump White House actions, cover up, and deflection: #russiagate ***Script — Easy to follow (See Below)***
a) It’s time for Attorney General, Jeff Sessions to resign. AG Jeff Sessions lied about his ties to Russia during his confirmation hearing, and again in written question/answer to Congress. If your Members of Congress (MOC) are not demanding an immediate resignation of Sessions on your behalf, encourage them to do so now. #ResignJeffSessionsNow
b) Stress we need an independent, bipartisan 9/11 committee to investigate and a special prosecutor for #russiagate. (NOT a Republican majority/led investigation and NOT to be overseen by the Deputy Attorney General under Jeff Sessions and part of the Trump administration.)
c) Make sure your MOC is calling for the recusal of the following 2 Intel Chairmen from leading the investigation, due to their cover up involvement of #russiagate as enlisted by the Trump White House: Chairman of the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Senator Richard Burrs (R-NC) and the Chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Representative Devin Nunes (R-CA).
d) Everyday post articles/videos/news on Social Media (i.e., Facebook, Twitter) using the hashtag #russiagate #TrumpRussia to keep it trending and #StayWoke
2. Ways to Stay Informed
3. Sources for News & Government Information
4. Resistance Guides and Organizations
5. Fact Checking Apps & Extensions
6. #StayWoke — A Taxonomy of Trump Tweets by Cognitive Linguist Scientist George Lakoff, who has been a Professor of Linguistics at U.C. Berkeley since 1972.
Keep the focus and HEAT ON #russiagate #TrumpRussia
If you haven’t seen Russiagate Parts I or II Action Items, please click on the links below to get up to speed. We need to keep the HEAT ON #russiagate #TrumpRussia
Russiagate Part I
Week of the 20th of February 2017medium.com
Russiagate Part II
Contact your Members of Congress (MOC)!
- Contact your Senators and Representatives! Let them know you are concerned about #russiagate and the number of Trump administration officials who have lied about meetings that occurred with the Russian Ambassador and other communications with Russian officials with ties to Vladamir Putin.
Senate — Click on the link below to look up your Senators & their contact info:
Established by the Constitution as one chamber of the federal government's legislative branch, the United States Senate…www.senate.gov
House of Representatives — Click on the link below to look up your Representative(s) & their contact info:
Home page of the United States House of Representativeswww.house.gov
4 Talking Points to Members of Congress (MOC):
a) Thank your MOC for their efforts: for standing up, speaking out, and resisting/fighting back. (Or remind them of their responsibility to act as checks and balances to hold the President and his administration accountable to the law and to the American people.)
b) It’s time for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to resign for lying to Congress under oath. Jeff Sessions recently recused himself only from investigations involving the 2016 Trump presidential campaign.
Jeff Sessions announced he would recuse himself from any investigations into Donald Trump's campaign. But what exactly…time.com
Click the link for a list of lawmakers who have already stood up for what’s right and made it clear that Sessions must go. (Or just Google your own MOC, since some have gotten on board since this list was published.)
Attorney General Jeff Sessions is sweatin' it out down in old D.C. on Thursday after seemingly getting caught having…www.slate.com
Recusal is NOT enough. Jeff Sessions must resign. #JeffSessionsResignNow
Should this be the nation’s top law enforcement officer and attorney? #JeffSessionsResignNOW
c) An independent, bipartisan 9/11 committee to investigate and a special prosecutor for #russiagate. (NOT a Republican majority/led investigation and NOT the Deputy Attorney General under Jeff Sessions and/or anyone part of the Trump administration or Trump campaign team.)
d) Scandal plagues both Chairman of the GOP majority led intelligence committees who are responsible for investigating #russiagate Washington Post broke the story they were both enlisted by the Trump White House to call reporters off the record and tell them, there’s nothing to the Trump/Russia ties and to not report on it.
Chairman of the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Senator Richard Burrs (R-NC)
Chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Representative Devin Nunes (R-CA).
The Trump administration has enlisted senior members of the intelligence community and Congress in efforts to counter…www.washingtonpost.com
Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr, R-N.C., is shying away from publicity after admitting that he…www.salon.com
Encourage your MOC to press for the recusal of Senator Richard Burrs (R-NC) @SenatorBurr and Representative Devin Nunes (R-CA. Their actions and conflicts of interest undercut the credibility of ongoing congressional investigations.
An additional conflict of interest: Representative Devin Nunes (R-CA) was a member of Trump’s executive committee leading Trump’s Transition Team:
California's Rep. Devin Nunes will be a member of the executive committee leading President-elect Donald Trump's…www.latimes.com
Not surprisingly Representative Devin Nunes (R-CA) doesn’t see any evidence of the Trump Administration ties to Russia. As part of the Trump campaign being investigated, he must recuse himself from leading any congressional investigation.
Congressional Republicans are divided over how aggressively to pursue the allegations that President Trump's associates…www.washingtonpost.com
Read the difference in opinion/comments made by CoChairs of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence:
Chairman Devis Nunes (R-CA) vs. Ranking Member Adam Schiff (D-CA)
The leaders of the House intelligence panel issued emphatically different statements Sunday on President Donald Trump's…www.politico.com
“Hi, this is X calling from Y. I have 4 items I’d like to discuss and request of Senator/Representative Z”:
- “I would like to thank Senator/Representative Z for standing up for the truth and fighting for our democracy.” [Or: I would like to encourage Senator/Representative Z to stand up for the truth and fight for our democracy.]
- “It’s time for Attorney General Jeff Session to resign for lying under oath to Congress. The Department of Justice cannot be run by someone telling blatant lies under oath and telling fresh new lies to cover up the old ones.”
- “We need an independent, bipartisan 9/11 committee and a special prosecutor to investigate #russiagate.”
- “Both Chairmen of the Intelligence Committees (Senate and House) must recuse themselves after their cover up actions and conflicts of interest/ties to the Trump White House”: A) Chairman of the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Senator Richard Burrs (R-NC), and B) Chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Representative Devin Nunes (R-CA). An additional conflict of interest: Representative Devin Nunes (R-CA) was a member of Trump’s executive committee leading Trump’s Transition Team.
“These matters are much too important to sweep under the rug.”
Ways to Stay Informed
Action: Follow, Install, Bookmark, and/or Donate to the following:
Sources for News & Government Information
- Reliable and high-quality news sources: NPR, BBC, Reuters, New York Times, Washington Post, AP, The Guardian, The Economist (consider subscribing or donating to at least one of these sources to support independent journalism).
- Gov Track (https://www.govtrack.us): Tracks legislation and votes in Congress.
- Project Vote Smart (http://votesmart.org): provides free, unbiased, in-depth information about current officials, candidates, issues, legislation, and voting. Non-partisan and nonprofit.
- Center for Responsive Politics (https://www.opensecrets.org/): Nonpartisan, independent, and nonprofit research group tracking money in U.S. politics and its effect on elections and public policyy.
- Fact checking: Politifact (http://www.politifact.com/), Factcheck (http://factcheck.org/)
- Org4Change Website — Important Links:
Important Links On this page are a list of important links for #TheResistance movement. We are continuously adding to…org4change.nl
Resistance Guides and Organizations
- Indivisible Guide (https://www.indivisibleguide.com/web/): Excellent guides and information, weekly action items.
- The 65 (http://thesixtyfive.org): weekly action items and calling scripts.
- It’s Time to Fight ( http://itstimetofight.weebly.com/): Still being fleshed out, but has some good background information on issues and calls to action.
Fact Checking Apps & Extensions
If you’re curious about the relative bias of the news sources showing up in your Facebook feed, consider installing the following extensions on your browser.
- Facebook Media Bias Annotator- Be informed as you read your Facebook feed. Using mediabiasfactcheck.com data, each news story is annotated with a brief graph showing the bias of the news source.
- Official Media Bias Fact Check Icon- This extension will display a color-coded icon denoting the bias of the page you are currently viewing, according to Media Bias/Fact Check. You can click the icon to read more notes about the site, or visit MBFC for more details. (also available for Firefox).