5 Reasons You Were Meant to Be a Filmmaker
Not everyone was meant to be a filmmaker. Some people just don’t have what it takes.
Here’s a handy way to tell if you’re wired for the job:
- You think in images: Some people hear the word ‘cat,’ and immediately the letters C-A-T appear in their mind’s eye. Meanwhile, you’re seeing a big ol’ fluffy feline, sitting there and licking its paws. Between the two, you’ll have an easier time turning your thoughts into images on a screen.
- You can’t just watch: If you’re that person that can’t just sit there and get into whatever your watching, if you have to analyse it and take apart every shot, then you belong behind the camera.
- You take an active interest in storytelling: This applies especially if you get into the small, out-of-the-way stories that everyone else passes over. Filmmaking is all about taking those stories and telling them in a way that will make them more popular and allow them to change the world.
- Your photos just have to be perfect: Everyone who’s friends with a filmmaker will back this one up. Filmmakers can’t just take a routine photo. Once you hand them the camera, don’t expect to have it back any time soon.
- You can’t handle the routine lifestyle: Lots of people dream about landing a secure job with a regular work schedule. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that, but it’s most definitely not the lifestyle for you. You live for the unpredictability, the weeks spent getting a project and the long days and nights it takes to finish it.
So, what do you think? Are you a born filmmaker? If the answer’s ‘yes,’ then welcome to the club! We look forward to seeing your work, and don’t hesitate to get in touch.
If you want more tips on using video to grow your following check out www.facebook.com/groups/videogrowthhackers