Origins of the “Uranium One” Scandal goes back to 2005 mining deal with Kazakhstan.
I want to direct your attention to a New York Times article from January 2008. I encourage everyone to read this story if you want to understand how the “Uranium One” scandal started and how the Clinton’s were involved from the get-go.
It is this story which lead to Peter Schweizer to begin researching the various dealings of the Clinton Foundation. If you do not know who Peter Schweizer is, he wrote the bombshell book “Clinton Cash”. He was arguably the first person to break the “Uranium One” scandal.
New York Times Story:
The monster deal stunned the mining industry, turning an unknown shell company into one of the world's largest uranium…www.nytimes.com
A quick break down of the article if you do not want to read it:
- Late on Sept. 6, 2005 former President Bill Clinton met with a man named Frank Giustra in Kazakhstan who wanted to finance a Uranium mining operation.
- Former President Clinton & Mr. Giustra enjoyed a three day lavish holiday of fancy banquets, expensive private jets & god knows what else. Clinton undercut US foreign policy by essentially endorsing the Kazakhstan leadership (Nursultan Nazarbayev). Despite their poor human rights record.
- Within two days, Mr. Giuesta reaches deal with government of Kazakhstan in block buster mining deal. This gave Giuesta the right to buy into Kazatomprom the state-run Kazakhstan energy company.
- NOTE. Kazakhstan is where most of the world’s Uranium is mined.
- Energy Industry is stunned.
- Moukhtar Dzhakishev, president of Kazatomprom partners with Mr. Giuesta.
- Months after deal Mr. Giustra makes a $31.3 million dollar donation to the Clinton Foundation.
- Mr. Giustra’s pledges another $100 million dollars to become part of Clinton’s inner circle.
- Frank Giustra starts a company called UrAsia Energy Ltd.
- Sergey Kurzin, a Russian-born businessman invest into UrAsia.
- In February 2007, UrAsia Energy is acquired by Uranium One for 3.1 billion dollars.
- Bill Clinton vows to continue raising money for his “foundation” if Hillary Clinton is elected president in 2008.
- Same month, Mr. Dzhakishev, the Kazatomprom chief, traveled to Chappaqua, N.Y., to meet with Bill Clinton.
- Clinton and Mr. Giustra deny Clinton & Dzhakishev ever met at first, but eventually admit it happened.
This article essentially proves from day one that Bill Clinton was involved with the founding and the set up of UrAsia Energy, which became Uranium One that he CONTINUED to be involved with.
Fast forward to 2009
- Hillary Clinton is the secretary of state.
- Robert Mueller is the FBI director.
- Obama’s DOJ approves the sale of 20% of US Uranium, this is even after being fully aware of an FBI investigation into Uranium One essentally being involved in a wide spread racketeering operation.
- FBI has informants within the company.
- Mueller hand delivers samples of Uranium to Russian FSB officials.
- The Clinton Foundation continues to receive donations from Russia linked donors tied to Mr. Giustra & Mr. Dzhakishev.
Fast forward to 2016
- Clinton Cash book comes out, Uranium story is published.
- Hillary loses election.
- Trump accused of colluding with Russia.
- Mueller appointed special prosecutor.
- The Hill reports story about how the FBI knew of the kick backs, bribes & other criminal activity Uranium One was involved with.
- Key witness & FBI informant is cleared of his NDA personally by President Trump.
- 3 separate congressional investigations start.
And that folks is how this story has evolved. The Clinton’s were involved from day one. DAY ONE! I am sure as the investigators dig in the more they will discover. The informant has a story to tell, and now he is allowed to speak to congress.
Stay tuned as this story continues to develop.