Helping You Reach Your Goals
Having a goal is important. A goal or purpose can give you something to work towards or a reason to get out of bed. Generally, no one ever guides or helps you with the setting of your goals. Some of us just get told what we should be doing. This may come from our parents, family or teachers telling us to get an education, get a job, work hard and fit in.
As a result, many people just cruise through life in an endless routine on autopilot. For the people who are passionate about what they do, this isn’t a problem. For those who don’t have a sense of purpose and go to work because they have to pay bills can be left feeling empty or with a sense of a lack of achievement.
So, the next time you question what and why you do what you do every day.
- Is what am I am doing each day, making me happy?
- Am I helping to improve my own life, and the lives of those around me?
- Am I closer to achieving the things that I would like to achieve?
If yes, then you should continue doing what makes you happy.
If no, then it maybe it’s time to think about what you could be doing to improve your life and to put you on track to achieving your goals. (This next step may also help)
- 10 things that are important to you
- 10 things you would like to do
- And finally, put down a completion date next to each item.
Take a photo of what these may look like. Put this photo on your mirror or on your desk. This should help remind you of your goal or purpose every day.