Kerala — Tourist Attractions
Kerala is famous as a “God’s own country”. Kerala is the land of coconuts, backwaters, elephants, the land of rich cultures and traditions of South India, folk dance and unique local cuisine. Kerala is the most beautiful and charming place on the earth that’s why it is known as God’s own country. Here we are discussing some of the famous places to visit in Kerala that you should not miss on your Kerala tour.
- Alleppey:- Alleppey is located along with the Arabian coast of Alappuzha District. Alleppey is a place which attracts a fair number of travellers from across the world with its backwater trips, houseboat stays, and serene natural beauty. Alleppey is also a famous backwater destinations of Kerala. Alleppey is also famous for its churches that were built decades ago.
2. Kumarakom:- Kumarakom is located near Kottayam which is another famous tourist attraction of Kerala. Kumarakom is also a beautiful backwater destination where you can go for a boat ride. Vembanad Lake is the favorite tourist spot of Kumarakom. It is the largest lake in Kerala and the longest lake in India. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is the other attractions of Kumarakom, which is a home of a wide variety of local and migratory birds.
3. Munnar:- Munnar is situated at approx. 1524 meters on the Western Ghats in Idukki districts. Munnar is a place which known as a heaven on earth. The lush green landscape, waterfalls, lakes, forests, flora and fauna and tea plantations which make this place more enchanting and beautiful. Munnar is a famous hill station of Kerala. Munnar is also famous as one of the best romantic honeymoon destinations in India.
4. Wayanad:- Wayanad is a hub of production of tea, coffee, cardamom, pepper and other spices. Wayanad is the famous wildlife sanctuary of Kerala. Wayanad is the second biggest wildlife reserves in Kerala. Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary is also famous as Muthanga Wildlife Snactuary. The Muthanga Wild Life Sanctuary encompasses a total area of 345 sq km and it is the largest habitat of fauna in the Malabar region. You will see wildlife varieties including spotted deer and tigers. From October to February is the best time to visit Wayanad.
5. Kovalam beach:- Kovalam is located at approx. 10 km from Trivandrum. Kovalam beach is the best beaches of Kerala which is famous for its New Year Celebration, sunbathing, and Ayurvedic treatment. Kovalam beaches consist of three beaches — Lighthouse beach, Hawah beach, and Samudra beach.
6. Thekkady:- Thekkady is located at the distance of approx 165 km from the Kochi. Thekkady is a home of various wildlife species, including tigers, elephants, deer, Indian bisons, Bengali tigers and a few more. Thekkady is the best place for the wildlife enthusiasts travellers who love to explore the wildlife of Kerala.
Check out the some of the famous Kerala Tour packages